Topics

Unable to install NVDA on Windows Vista laptop

Jessica Finch <JFinch697@...>

I recently downloaded NVDA and attempted to run the install. The install program did not run. I attempted again but it still did not run. This laptop is running Windows Vista. I have installed other programs from this account.

Any suggestions on what I can do to install NVDA?

Thanks, Paul on behalf of Jessica

Brian Moore

Hi.  we don't have a lot to go on here.

1.  is user account control turned on?  if so, does it come up?

2.  what anti-virus program do you have?

it maybe be blocking the download or the running of the file.  for example, if you have internet explorer and smart screen filter is on, it will likely prevent the file from opening unless you explicitly allow it.

does the installer come up?

if not, what happens when you try and run the file.

write privately if you want.  btw, on vista, anything less than service pack 2 will give you odd results I suspect.

Brian.
Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 04/07/2016 9:51 AM, Jessica Finch wrote:

I recently downloaded NVDA and attempted to run the install. The install program did not run. I attempted again but it still did not run. This laptop is running Windows Vista. I have installed other programs from this account.

Any suggestions on what I can do to install NVDA?

Thanks, Paul on behalf of Jessica

Laughing Thunder

Hi,

There is a known issue with the NVDA installer and Windows Vista. The solution is usually to make sure that all updates from Windows Update are installed before attempting to install NVDA.

Hope that helps.

On 4/7/2016 8:51 AM, Jessica Finch wrote:
I recently downloaded NVDA and attempted to run the install. The install
program did not run. I attempted again but it still did not run. This
laptop is running Windows Vista. I have installed other programs from
this account.
Any suggestions on what I can do to install NVDA?
Thanks, Paul on behalf of Jessica

Arlene

I recently downloaded NVDA and attempted to run the install. The install program did not run. I attempted again but it still did not run. This laptop is running Windows Vista. I have installed other programs from this account.

Any suggestions on what I can do to install NVDA?

Thanks, Paul on behalf of Jessica

vista will be supported I think for the next 3 years.
You have 2 years after that on 7.
And after that another 2 on 8.1
Windows 10 expires a year or so after that.
So it says currently.

On 8/04/2016 5:16 a.m., Arlene wrote:
Hi there: Do you have all your vista windows updates? How old is your
laptop? If it's a 2008 or 9 build I don't know if it makes a difference. I
wonder if Microsoft is not supporting vista no more. You may have to upgrade
it to 7. I had a friend who still has her vista laptop. She got it in 2008
just before new years. Her computer goo roo updated it to 7. It runs better.
Just a thought. If your vista laptop can handle 7 then you may have to
upgrade to 7.

I recently downloaded NVDA and attempted to run the install. The install
program did not run. I attempted again but it still did not run. This laptop
is running Windows Vista. I have installed other programs from this account.

Any suggestions on what I can do to install NVDA?

Thanks, Paul on behalf of Jessica

hi.
one of my friend has windows vista and can update nvda without any problem.
what version of nvda do you use?

On 4/7/16, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

and also you can read system requirements in nvda 2016.1 if you use it.
because system requirements in vista in this version of nvda is
different with the previous versions.

On 4/8/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
[...]

Christo Vorster

Hi list

As far as I know Vista is not supported anymore. What I know about Vista is that it was discontinued almost as soon as it was released. Apparrently not a huge success. My suggestion is that you should install Windows 7, or any later release like Windows 10.

Regards

I recently downloaded NVDA and attempted to run the install. The install program did not run. I attempted again but it still did not run. This laptop is running Windows Vista. I have installed other programs from this account.

Any suggestions on what I can do to install NVDA?

Thanks, Paul on behalf of Jessica

Hi,

Correction: Vista is still supported.

Cheers,