From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 3:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not reading lines in a multiple column document

Is it one you can email me offlist Pranav?

I just created a blank document, set it to two columns, dumped a bunch of text in it, and NVDA can read and navigate fine.  Note that if you just up arrow or down arrow, NVDA will stay in the same column - actually that's not NVDA, that's how navigation in Word works - if you control+up or down arrow to move by paragraph, or read using say all it moves as expected.

I tried using NVDA 2020.4 (portable) and NVDA 2021.1 beta 2 (installed) on:

Windows 10 (64-bit) Version: 2009, Build: 19042

Office 365 (64-bit) Version: 16.0.14026.20228

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 6:45 PM Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I had to work with a word document that was split into multiple columns. I
am not talking about tables here but newspaper columns.

NVDA went silent for some lines. Jaws worked just fine which is how I know
that the document had multiple columns.

This was on my work computer running windows 10 1809 and Microsoft word 365.

I have tested on my home machine that has windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build
19043.1052) running word 365
Specifically:
MicrosoftR Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.14204.20000) 64-bit

The text is being read but the columns are not being detected.

Is anyone able to duplicate this? I am using NVDA version 2020.4.
Pranav

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Pranav Lal

Hi Quentin,

Sure, I’ll e-mail the document to you off list.

Pranav