NVDA screen reader problem with fire fox version 90

Well I have the 32 bit version 64 bit just doesn't work.

From time to time firefox will crash on a first website load but its not doing it all the time and not a big part of the time like constantly.

I did prefer the older waterfox interface but waterfox is more crashy now.

On 11/06/2021 9:45 pm, John J. Boyer wrote:
My Firefox was updated. Now it is less accesible than before. The screen looks normal to a sighted person, but NVDA keeps saying "unknown" and doesn't respond to keyhstrokes.

John

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 11:17:45AM +0200, anthony borg wrote:
Hi

I installed the latest fire fox version 90 and it isn't working properly,
can some body tell me if it is compatable with NVDA please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Ian Blackburn

Yes works courses a couple of problems with closing multiple open windows in Firefox

On 11 Jun 2021, at 8:20 pm, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

There is a problem with the newest Firefox that affects some users.  Here is a message from another list about how to work around the problem.  Also, according to a reliable person on the other list, Firefox developers are learning about what causes the problem in order to correct it.

It's a known issue with Firefox - but oddly only for some users.

A workaround from Mozilla is to try the following:

1. Start Firefox.
2. Enter the address about:config in the address bar.
3. Accept the warning.
4. In the search box, enter the word skeleton
5. In the table below, browser.startup.preXulSkeletonUI should appear and
it will have a value of true. Press the Toggle button to set it to false.
6. Restart Firefox.

Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 4:17 AM

Hi

I installed the latest fire fox version 90 and it isn’t working properly, can some body tell me if it is compatable with NVDA please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Yes, it is.

All the best,

Cearbhall

I installed the latest fire fox version 90 and it isn’t working properly, can some body tell me if it is compatable with NVDA please?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Avast logo

Patrick Le Baudour

Hi,

for information, it is not a nvda problem at all, it only affects 64-bits firefox releases with some specific registry settings, that can alas be modified by unrelated programs like acrobat reader installer. People working on this problem on the firefox side have made great progress in understanding what happens, and seem to plan a release correcting it whenever possible.

-- Patrick

Le 11/06/2021 à 11:49, Quentin Christensen a écrit :
It's a known issue with Firefox - but oddly only for some users.
A workaround from Mozilla is to try the following:
1. Start Firefox.
2. Enter the address about:config in the address bar.
3. Accept the warning.
4. In the search box, enter the word skeleton
5. In the table below, browser.startup.preXulSkeletonUI should appear and it will have a value of true. Press the Toggle button to set it to false.
6. Restart Firefox.

Rui Fontes

Strange!

In my Firefox 89 the value is "True" and it works normally...

Maybe dependent of Windows in use?

My Windows is Version 21H1 (OS Compilation 19043.1052)

Rui Fontes

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...