"pane" bug with NVDA and excel

falkogiepmans@...

Yes I did. if I enable it it reports "unknown" instead of "pane". So unfortunately that's not the problem either.

Rui Fontes

Have you checked in options of Excel if the allow writing directly in the cell is disabled?

Rui Fontes

Às 12:21 de 14/06/2021, falkogiepmans@... escreveu:

Thanks for the reply Luke!

Unfortunately it did not work (although we got a success message back from regedit). We will try reinstalling the office package or see if it is something particular with the windows version (it's from their employer, but it is not too exotic).

falkogiepmans@...

Thanks for the reply Luke!

Unfortunately it did not work (although we got a success message back from regedit). We will try reinstalling the office package or see if it is something particular with the windows version (it's from their employer, but it is not too exotic).

Luke Davis

falkogiepmans@babbage.com wrote:

We have reset the configurations to default and ran the fix COM registration tool.
While this does potentially seem like a COM Registration issue, if it's 64 bit Windows, the COM registration fixer does not work currently.

You might try this:

c:\windows\regedit.exe /s "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\COMRegistrationFixes\oleaccProxy.reg"

Untested, but suggested by James Teh. at:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9039#issuecomment-857356117

Luke

falkogiepmans@...

Dear all,

I have got someone who has problems with excel. If he presses f2 when in a cell it jumps to the formula bar correctly but only says "pane" and nothing else. NVDA does not report typed words in it either.
We think this is not a bug in NVDA, since narrator also does not report anything.

We are running NVDA 2020.4 without add-ons.
The formula bar itself is considered an NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible object.
We have reset the configurations to default and ran the fix COM registration tool.
The version is Office 365 MSO 16.01252721378,

Does anyone has any idea what could be wrong or some tips to check?

Kind regards,
Falko