Reading characters phonetically

Pramit

Hello Lexi,

Press Insert and On the number row Press 2 this will Turn ON typed Characters.
Then press Insert and again from the number row press 3 this will Turn ON typed words.

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 4:26 AM Lexi <alexiscooks836@...> wrote:
Hello, is there a way to get NVDA to read characters phonetically? Such as, A: alpha, B: bravo, and so on?--
Please be blessed and be safe. Thank you,
Lexi

Chris Mullins

Hi Steve

The numeric elements on a full size keyboard are referred to as NumPad, which is the separate keypad on the right hand side of the keyboard, and NumRow, which is the top row of the main body of keys  on the keyboard.  The commands you refer to use the NumRow keys, not the Function keys.  Use NVDA+NumRow2 to toggle speak typed characters and NVDA+NumRow 3 to toggle speak typed words.  Alternatively, use NVDA+Control+k to open the Keyboard Settings dialog, where you can set these and other keyboard related parameters.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows 10