changing input gestures of an addon, which doesn't appear in the input gestures dialog.

abdul muhamin

Hello, thanks a lot, I did it!

From: Rui Fontes
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2021 3:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] changing input gestures of an addon, which doesn't appear in the input gestures dialog.

In that case, you will need to edit the .py file.

Look for gesture...

Be carefull to do not change anything else than the keystroke...

Rui Fontes

Às 11:31 de 24/06/2021, abdul muhamin escreveu:

Hello everyone, as the subject says, is there a possibility to change or edit an input gesture of an addon which doesn’t appear in the input gesture dialog? Actually I want to change lion live OCR gesture, because it is conflicting with the direct link addon, both the keys are same (alt NVDA l) and the lion OCR isn’t available in the input gestures dialog.

Regards:

Abdulmuhamin.

Content executive at

Blind Help Project

Rui Fontes

In my view, if you do not know wich .py file needs to be modified, is better to change the other keystroke conflicting using the Input gestures dialog...

If you want to try, normally you should change the __init__.py or addonName.py file...

Rui Fontes

Às 02:19 de 25/06/2021, abdul muhamin escreveu:

Which .pai file? There are many

In that case, you will need to edit the .py file.

Look for gesture...

Be carefull to do not change anything else than the keystroke...

Rui Fontes

Às 11:31 de 24/06/2021, abdul muhamin escreveu:

Hello everyone, as the subject says, is there a possibility to change or edit an input gesture of an addon which doesn’t appear in the input gesture dialog? Actually I want to change lion live OCR gesture, because it is conflicting with the direct link addon, both the keys are same (alt NVDA l) and the lion OCR isn’t available in the input gestures dialog.

Regards:

Abdulmuhamin.

Content executive at

Blind Help Project

Rowen Cary

Try to search for "kb in *.py

abdul muhamin

Which .pai file? There are many

In that case, you will need to edit the .py file.

Look for gesture...

Be carefull to do not change anything else than the keystroke...

Rui Fontes

Às 11:31 de 24/06/2021, abdul muhamin escreveu:

Hello everyone, as the subject says, is there a possibility to change or edit an input gesture of an addon which doesn’t appear in the input gesture dialog? Actually I want to change lion live OCR gesture, because it is conflicting with the direct link addon, both the keys are same (alt NVDA l) and the lion OCR isn’t available in the input gestures dialog.

Regards:

Abdulmuhamin.

Content executive at

Blind Help Project

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi,

The direct link should be in the input gestures though, if you wish to change the other one instead. That is if you can’t edit the .py file.

Good luck.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10