From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2021 5:51 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Translation Capability

Hi Group[,

I was told NVDA has language translation capability, but checking the
menus I was not able to spot it.
For instance, with a combination of keystrokes NVDA will translate a
language into another.
Does anyone know about this?
--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified

Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified
Literary Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: nevzatadil@gmail.com

There is a translation add-on.  These sorts of features, which aren’t related to the defined function of a screen-reader are usually found in add-ons.

The official add-ons page is here:

Add-ons on this page have been inspected, tested, and approved by NVDA evaluators.  There are add-ons from other places and I’m not saying to use or not to use them, but since add-ons have the ability to do all sorts of things and can function as malware, you may want to be careful which unapproved ones you use.

the name of the translation add-on is Instant Translate.

Gene

I was told NVDA has language translation capability, but checking the
menus I was not able to spot it.
For instance, with a combination of keystrokes NVDA will translate a
language into another.
Does anyone know about this?
--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified
Literary Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: nevzatadil@...

Quentin Christensen

NVDA add-ons download and have an ".nvda-addon" extension.  With NVDA running, once you launch that file it will prompt to install into NVDA.  Alternatively, once you've downloaded it, with NVDA running, press NVDA+n to open the menu, T for tools, then a to launch the add-on manager.  From there you can install new add-ons wherever you've downloaded them to.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 9:29 AM Nevzat Adil <nevzatadil@...> wrote:
It's a downloadable file, But have no idea where to save it to work with NVDA.

--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified
Literary Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: nevzatadil@...

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

It's a downloadable file, But have no idea where to save it to work with NVDA.

On 7/7/21, Sascha Cowley via groups.io
<sascha.camille=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This functionality is available through the instantTranslate (
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/instantTranslate.en.html ) addon.

--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified
Literary Braille Proofreader
C: 512 502 4403
e-mail: nevzatadil@gmail.com

Sascha Cowley

This functionality is available through the instantTranslate addon.