Pass next key through

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 03:43 PM, Janet Brandly wrote:
the program does allow for remapping hotkeys. Thanks for the suggestion.
-
You're quite welcome.  Given the finite number of keyboard shortcuts, there are those occasions where remapping the couple of "collisions" so that those no longer collide is the best and easiest solution. 
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Janet Brandly

Hi Brian,

Yes, the program does allow for remapping hotkeys. Thanks for the suggestion.

Janet

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: July 14, 2021 9:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Pass next key through

Janet,

Another thought, and that's all it is, is looking into whether the program you intend to use allows it's own shortcuts to be tweaked.

Since you use NVDA everywhere it makes little sense to redefine what you're already familiar with.  But if you're not yet familiar with the specific command structure of the program you're going to use, and it's possible to remap, you might want to consider it.
--

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel

Janet,

Another thought, and that's all it is, is looking into whether the program you intend to use allows it's own shortcuts to be tweaked.

Since you use NVDA everywhere it makes little sense to redefine what you're already familiar with.  But if you're not yet familiar with the specific command structure of the program you're going to use, and it's possible to remap, you might want to consider it.
--

~ Brian Vogel

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías

Hi all.

For more information: In the sleep mode, NVDA Disable the Reading of the Window and only accept the command for Disable it. Keyboard layout desktop: NVDA+shift+s, Laptop NVDA+shift+z.

Yes, NVDA+f2 have the function of pass the key pressed after the command to Windows or the application.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Soporte a usuarios, comunidad de NVDA en español.

Web www.nvda.es

Experto certificado en NVDA

De: Fawaz Abdul rahman
Enviado: miércoles, 14 de julio de 2021 10:07
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] Pass next key through

hi,

I don't think there is such a feature available currently, unless that program has its own speech then you can activate the sleep mode with nvda+shift+z. 

Otherwise, the only option I see is that you press NVDA+f2 each time before the command.

good luck.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 5:41 PM Janet Brandly <jbrandly@...> wrote:

Hello again,

I will be using a program whose hotkeys may conflict with NVDA commands. Is it possible to set the Pass Next Key Through command to act as a toggle; i.e. to pass all commands to the other program until the Pass Next Key Through command is pressed again? I would like it to act as a toggle.

Thanks again,

Janet

--

Músico (pianista) y ayuda a usuarios ciegos y con discapacidad visual en el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología. Experto certificado en el lector de pantalla NVDA.

Musician (pianist) and help to the blind people and with visual disability in use of screen readers and technology. Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.

Fawaz Abdul rahman

hi,
I don't think there is such a feature available currently, unless that program has its own speech then you can activate the sleep mode with nvda+shift+z. 
Otherwise, the only option I see is that you press NVDA+f2 each time before the command.
good luck.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 5:41 PM Janet Brandly <jbrandly@...> wrote:

Hello again,

I will be using a program whose hotkeys may conflict with NVDA commands. Is it possible to set the Pass Next Key Through command to act as a toggle; i.e. to pass all commands to the other program until the Pass Next Key Through command is pressed again? I would like it to act as a toggle.

Thanks again,

Janet

Janet Brandly

Hello again,

Thanks again,

Janet