Pass next key through

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 03:43 PM, Janet Brandly wrote:
the program does allow for remapping hotkeys. Thanks for the suggestion.
-
You're quite welcome.  Given the finite number of keyboard shortcuts, there are those occasions where remapping the couple of "collisions" so that those no longer collide is the best and easiest solution.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Janet Brandly

Hi Brian,

Yes, the program does allow for remapping hotkeys. Thanks for the suggestion.

Janet

Another thought, and that's all it is, is looking into whether the program you intend to use allows it's own shortcuts to be tweaked.

Since you use NVDA everywhere it makes little sense to redefine what you're already familiar with.  But if you're not yet familiar with the specific command structure of the program you're going to use, and it's possible to remap, you might want to consider it.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Janet,

Another thought, and that's all it is, is looking into whether the program you intend to use allows it's own shortcuts to be tweaked.

Since you use NVDA everywhere it makes little sense to redefine what you're already familiar with.  But if you're not yet familiar with the specific command structure of the program you're going to use, and it's possible to remap, you might want to consider it.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías

Hi all.

For more information: In the sleep mode, NVDA Disable the Reading of the Window and only accept the command for Disable it. Keyboard layout desktop: NVDA+shift+s, Laptop NVDA+shift+z.

Yes, NVDA+f2 have the function of pass the key pressed after the command to Windows or the application.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Soporte a usuarios, comunidad de NVDA en español.

Web www.nvda.es

Experto certificado en NVDA