Topics

mixing application

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi guys

I like music and think of becoming a DJ.

My problem is that the well known application used by sighted guys is
screen reader inaccessible.

I am particularly talking about virtual DJ.

Does anyone know of this application and has ever used it with a screen reader?

I find it difficult to use with nvda and jaws.

Do you know of any application I can use that is doing nearly the same
thing as virtual DJ?

Come to my rescue.

Wally

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Wally,

A friend of mine used to use shoutcast when he did his oldies shows on the legend. I think that's the name of the program if I'm not mistaken.

Rosemarie

On 4/7/2016 12:06 PM, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:
Hi guys

I like music and think of becoming a DJ.

My problem is that the well known application used by sighted guys is
screen reader inaccessible.

I am particularly talking about virtual DJ.

Does anyone know of this application and has ever used it with a screen reader?

I find it difficult to use with nvda and jaws.

Do you know of any application I can use that is doing nearly the same
thing as virtual DJ?

Come to my rescue.

Wally

Chris

hi

have you considered espcially if you wand to be DJ
that it may be better purchasing a mixing console to use with virtualDJ

here is a list of mixers i found starting from under 100 dollars/deuros/pounds
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

good luck

On 07/04/2016 20:06, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:
Hi guys

I like music and think of becoming a DJ.

My problem is that the well known application used by sighted guys is
screen reader inaccessible.

I am particularly talking about virtual DJ.

Does anyone know of this application and has ever used it with a screen reader?

I find it difficult to use with nvda and jaws.

Do you know of any application I can use that is doing nearly the same
thing as virtual DJ?

Come to my rescue.

Wally

stancil tootle

Are we talking about in a club or radio?
Start by looking at station playlist. Thanks to their payment plan if it does not meet your needs you can cancel.

On Apr 7, 2016, at 3:23 PM, Chris <chrismedley@btinternet.com> wrote:

[...]

Wall Street Daily
Peter Schiff: China Just Armed its Financial Missile
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5706b90f5c6cc390e1ab7st04duc

Gene

Shoutcast is a streaming service.  As far as I know, it has nothing to do with preparing or mixing material.

Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] mixing application

Hi, Wally,

A friend of mine used to use shoutcast when he did his oldies shows on
the legend. I think that's the name of the program if I'm not mistaken.

Rosemarie

On 4/7/2016 12:06 PM, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I like music and think of becoming a DJ.
>
> My problem is that the well known application used by sighted guys is
> screen reader inaccessible.
>
> I am particularly talking about virtual DJ.
>
> Does anyone know of this application and has ever used it with a screen reader?
>
> I find it difficult to use with nvda and jaws.
>
> Do you know of any application I can use that is doing nearly the same
> thing as virtual DJ?
>
> Come to my rescue.
>
> Wally

Roger Stewart

I use Station Playlist Studio for doing DJ as well as internet radio broadcasting. It is fairly accessible right out of the box, but with the excellent nvda add on for spl, it is super accessible and easy to use.

Roger

On 4/7/2016 2:06 PM, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:
Hi guys

I like music and think of becoming a DJ.

My problem is that the well known application used by sighted guys is
screen reader inaccessible.

I am particularly talking about virtual DJ.

Does anyone know of this application and has ever used it with a screen reader?

I find it difficult to use with nvda and jaws.

Do you know of any application I can use that is doing nearly the same
thing as virtual DJ?

Come to my rescue.

Wally

.

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

does it allow for mixing and scratching or pitch controls

[...]

It does mix and you can change pitch. Don't think there's any scratching effects though. It's more designed as a straight radio D J program and not a disco type program.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@gmail.com>
[...]

wonder if there is an accessible disco type out there

I use Station Playlist Studio for doing DJ as well as internet radio broadcasting. It is fairly accessible right out of the box, but with the excellent nvda add on for spl, it is super accessible and easy to use.

Roger

On 4/7/2016 2:06 PM, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:
Hi guys

I like music and think of becoming a DJ.

My problem is that the well known application used by sighted guys is
screen reader inaccessible.

I am particularly talking about virtual DJ.

Does anyone know of this application and has ever used it with a screen reader?

I find it difficult to use with nvda and jaws.

Do you know of any application I can use that is doing nearly the same
thing as virtual DJ?

Come to my rescue.

Wally

.

what you suggest for a
disco program?
I have allways wondered this my self

On 4/7/2016 4:13 PM, Isaac wrote:
[...]

Hi, Gene,

Thanks for the correction. I forgot about shoutcast being for streaming. I'll ask my friend what DJ program he has.

Rosemarie

Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 2:13 PM

Hi, Wally,

A friend of mine used to use shoutcast when he did his oldies shows on
the legend. I think that's the name of the program if I'm not mistaken.

Rosemarie

On 4/7/2016 12:06 PM, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I like music and think of becoming a DJ.
>
> My problem is that the well known application used by sighted guys is
> screen reader inaccessible.
>
> I am particularly talking about virtual DJ.
>
> Does anyone know of this application and has ever used it with a screen reader?
>
> I find it difficult to use with nvda and jaws.
>
> Do you know of any application I can use that is doing nearly the same
> thing as virtual DJ?
>
> Come to my rescue.
>
> Wally

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi there

any tutorial for it?

Sorry for asking too much.

Betty Wally

On 4/7/2016 1:24 PM, Gene wrote:
[...]

I know acquaintenances who uses Station Playlist Studio to broadcast their own radio station and they say it's accessible particularly with NVDA.

On 7 Apr 2016, at 20:06, Marisane Moruthanyana <marisanem@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys

I like music and think of becoming a DJ.

My problem is that the well known application used by sighted guys is
screen reader inaccessible.

I am particularly talking about virtual DJ.

Does anyone know of this application and has ever used it with a screen reader?

I find it difficult to use with nvda and jaws.

Do you know of any application I can use that is doing nearly the same
thing as virtual DJ?

Come to my rescue.

Wally

Roger Stewart

Station Playlist is an excellent broadcaster program but the other person is really looking for a disco type D J program. I don't know anything about these types of programs.

Roger