Windows App Essentials 21.08 is now available. This release includes localization updates and officially renames the add-on from Windows 10 App Essentials to Windows App Essentials. In addition:
- First release to support Windows 10 21H2 (build 19044) and Server 2022 (build 20348).
- Requires Windows 10 20H2 (October 2020 Update/build 19042) or later.
- Experimental support for Windows 11 (build 22000) changes.
- In some search fields, NVDA will announce suggestion count whenever you enter search terms.
- A future version of this add-on will require upcoming NVDA 2021.2 or later. This future update will be released shortly after 2021.2 stable version is released.
- At least one follow-up release will be made to respond to Windows 11 changes.
- Windows App Essentials add-on will support a given Windows 11 feature update for at least 18 months. This will guarantee support for at least two Windows 11 feature updates in a given add-on release in consideration for people who prefer to wait until moving on from one Windows 11 feature update to the next. Feature updates to Windows 10 will be supported for at least 12 months, and only the latest Windows Insider Preview build is supported.
As always, Windows App Essentials 21.08 is available from community add-ons website and from Add-on Updater.