Does the colour or font size of text in an image matter when performingOCR

Short answer, contrast between lettering and background is the most important factor unless you have really small print.   Color, not so much.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Vaibhav Saraf

Hi,

Well this is something I have observed personally.

Often on images when I perform OCR, it would ignore some text which it would catch when I zoom into the picture and then perform OCR.

And if I am not wrong color contrast too has a role to some extent, experts may have a better view.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 22:24, Khalid Anwar <anwarkhalid850@...> wrote:
hello,
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I hope someone can provide a response.
when performing the NVDA plus r command and utilising object recognition, does the font size or colour of the text matter when it comes to legibility, what I mean is that if I change the colour of the font or the size, would I get a better result when using this method.

Khalid Anwar