A point to consider about Eloquence

Gene

I got Nimer’s permission to send this message regarding Eloquence.

There is a point worth considering when deciding between the add-on and the MSAPI version that hasn’t been discussed in the recent thread.  The add-on won’t work for brief times, ;perhaps once a year.  When there is a major upgrade of NVDA, it may become incompatible until it is updated.  I believe it has taken about four or five days in the past. 

If you use the MSAPI5 version, it will work with any version of NVDA so when there is a major update, this problem won’t occur. 

There may be other things to consider when deciding which one to get, such as responsiveness, but if things are pretty much equal between them, this is a point to consider when deciding which one to purchase.

Gene

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

I remember seeing that about eloquence on the atguys website. It's good to know that if there's an update to NVDA that the sapi 5 version will still work.

Rosemarie

On 8/12/2021 8:08 PM, Gene wrote:

There is a point worth considering when deciding between the add-on and the MSAPI version that hasn’t been discussed in the recent thread.  The add-on won’t work for brief times, ;perhaps once a year.  When there is a major upgrade of NVDA, it may become incompatible until it is updated.  I believe it has taken about four or five days in the past. 

If you use the MSAPI5 version, it will work with any version of NVDA so when there is a major update, this problem won’t occur. 

There may be other things to consider when deciding which one to get, such as responsiveness, but if things are pretty much equal between them, this is a point to consider when deciding which one to purchase.

Gene

Sarah k Alawami

That, and it’s about half the cost of the SAPI version. I’d go with the add on any day.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 8:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] A point to consider about Eloquence

Gene

Gene

The last I checked, I thought the ;price was about the same. 

Others may have compared. Mine is an impression, not a good memory.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A point to consider about Eloquence

That, and it’s about half the cost of the SAPI version. I’d go with the add on any day.

Gene

Greg Wocher

Hello,
If you buy the add-on version you get both eloquence and vocalizer. If you get the SAPI version you only get one or the other but not both. 

Greg Wocher

On Aug 12, 2021, at 11:41 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A point to consider about Eloquence

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io<nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 8:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] A point to consider about Eloquence

Gene

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

I own the sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory and I also own the addon. I don't see any difference with responsiveness because they are both equally very responsive and fast. The sapi5 one is better because it just works with no addon required. 

Sarah k Alawami

If you want both, it is about 150 or so. The nvda add on that includes the sapi and eloquence is $69. So the  add on is a better deal as you get both for half the cost.

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 8:41 PM

Gene

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 10:31 PM

Gene

Akash Kakkar

Sarah, which addon you are referring to? David's IBM TTS? or any other? If it is any another then please give the link. would like to buy it.

Sarah k Alawami

It's on the aTGuys website. Do a search for eloquence add on. I do not have a link handy.

On 13 Aug 2021, at 8:12, Akash Kakkar wrote:

Sarah, which addon you are referring to? David's IBM TTS? or any other? If it is any another then please give the link. would like to buy it.

Rosemarie Chavarria

On 8/13/2021 9:54 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

It's on the aTGuys website. Do a search for eloquence add on. I do not have a link handy.

On 13 Aug 2021, at 8:12, Akash Kakkar wrote:

benmoxey@...

Hi everyone

Josh makes an important point regarding the SAPI5 version of Eloquence and there  being no difference with responsiveness/quality etc. Another important feature to consider is that you can use the SAPI5 version with other Windows applications, such as Narrator. 

Basically, if you just want to use Eloquence with NVDA, the add-on is great value because you get the additional Vocaliser (human sounding) voice. The purchase also supports NV Access. :)

If you want to use it with Narrator etc, buy the SAPI5 version.

All the best.

Ben

14 Aug 2021, at 12:18 am, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

I own the sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory and I also own the addon. I don't see any difference with responsiveness because they are both equally very responsive and fast. The sapi5 one is better because it just works with no addon required. 

mattias

but the sapi5 version dont support audiogames

Den 13 augusti 2021 23:43:16 skrev benmoxey@...:

Hi everyone

Josh makes an important point regarding the SAPI5 version of Eloquence and there  being no difference with responsiveness/quality etc. Another important feature to consider is that you can use the SAPI5 version with other Windows applications, such as Narrator. 

Basically, if you just want to use Eloquence with NVDA, the add-on is great value because you get the additional Vocaliser (human sounding) voice. The purchase also supports NV Access. :)

All the best.

Ben

Socheat

Who said it doesn't support audio games? I played bunch of kitchensInc's game, Manamon both 1 and 2, it all works just fine.

Peter Beasley

I used to use Elloquence until I upgraded to Windows7 when the version of Kurzweil1000 was not compatible. What I would llike to know, have they improved Elloquence so that it doesn’t keep dropping down in pitch when you get a lonb piece of text without any punctuation.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: 14 August 2021 16:22

Hi everyone

All the best.

Ben

Sarah k Alawami

Yes it actually does. I’ve used the free trial and it did a few weeks ago.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of mattias
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2021 8:22 AM

Hi everyone

All the best.

Ben

Sarah k Alawami

No they have not, and they probably never will. We’ve brought this up on the android side, and the windows side a lot of times.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Beasley
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2021 9:26 AM

I used to use Elloquence until I upgraded to Windows7 when the version of Kurzweil1000 was not compatible. What I would llike to know, have they improved Elloquence so that it doesn’t keep dropping down in pitch when you get a lonb piece of text without any punctuation.

Hi everyone

All the best.

Ben

Chris Chaffin

The reason I bought the Sapi5 version of Eloquence is so I could use it with both NVDA as well as with Narrator. I really like Eloquence and its snappiness, and now I can use it no matter which screen reader I am using.

Chris

On Aug 14, 2021, at 4:15 PM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Yes it actually does. I’ve used the free trial and it did a few weeks ago.

Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2021 8:22 AM

Hi everyone

All the best.

Ben

Arlene

You mean, KitchenInc’s does exist? It works for win ten? I played it with  win xp. Also with 7. It worked better with xp.

Sent: August 14, 2021 8:44 AM

Who said it doesn't support audio games? I played bunch of kitchensInc's game, Manamon both 1 and 2, it all works just fine.

Hmmm the sapi 5 versions do support audiogames.

It is why I have this stuff.

Sapi is part of the support and most supports do work withh audiogames as sapi and not the other way round.

If you buy the code factory voices from atguys you get 32 and 64 bit synths and I have not had issues as far back as the kitchensinc stuff and as modern as some of the more modern things like the renpy engine.

On 15/08/2021 3:22 am, mattias wrote:

Hi everyone

All the best.

Ben

Steve Nutt

Yes it does.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

Hi everyone

All the best.

Ben