A point to consider about Eloquence

Gene

I got Nimer’s permission to send this message regarding Eloquence.

There is a point worth considering when deciding between the add-on and the MSAPI version that hasn’t been discussed in the recent thread.  The add-on won’t work for brief times, ;perhaps once a year.  When there is a major upgrade of NVDA, it may become incompatible until it is updated.  I believe it has taken about four or five days in the past.

If you use the MSAPI5 version, it will work with any version of NVDA so when there is a major update, this problem won’t occur.

There may be other things to consider when deciding which one to get, such as responsiveness, but if things are pretty much equal between them, this is a point to consider when deciding which one to purchase.

Gene

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

I remember seeing that about eloquence on the atguys website. It's good to know that if there's an update to NVDA that the sapi 5 version will still work.

Rosemarie

On 8/12/2021 8:08 PM, Gene wrote:
I got Nimer’s permission to send this message regarding Eloquence.

There is a point worth considering when deciding between the add-on and the MSAPI version that hasn’t been discussed in the recent thread.  The add-on won’t work for brief times, ;perhaps once a year.  When there is a major upgrade of NVDA, it may become incompatible until it is updated.  I believe it has taken about four or five days in the past.

If you use the MSAPI5 version, it will work with any version of NVDA so when there is a major update, this problem won’t occur.

There may be other things to consider when deciding which one to get, such as responsiveness, but if things are pretty much equal between them, this is a point to consider when deciding which one to purchase.

Gene

Sarah k Alawami

That, and it’s about half the cost of the SAPI version. I’d go with the add on any day.

I got Nimer’s permission to send this message regarding Eloquence.

There is a point worth considering when deciding between the add-on and the MSAPI version that hasn’t been discussed in the recent thread.  The add-on won’t work for brief times, ;perhaps once a year.  When there is a major upgrade of NVDA, it may become incompatible until it is updated.  I believe it has taken about four or five days in the past.

If you use the MSAPI5 version, it will work with any version of NVDA so when there is a major update, this problem won’t occur.

There may be other things to consider when deciding which one to get, such as responsiveness, but if things are pretty much equal between them, this is a point to consider when deciding which one to purchase.

The last I checked, I thought the ;price was about the same.

Others may have compared. Mine is an impression, not a good memory.

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A point to consider about Eloquence

[...]

Greg Wocher

Hello,
If you buy the add-on version you get both eloquence and vocalizer. If you get the SAPI version you only get one or the other but not both.

Greg Wocher

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 10:31 PM

[...]

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

I own the sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory and I also own the addon. I don't see any difference with responsiveness because they are both equally very responsive and fast. The sapi5 one is better because it just works with no addon required.

Sarah k Alawami

If you want both, it is about 150 or so. The nvda add on that includes the sapi and eloquence is $69. So the  add on is a better deal as you get both for half the cost.

Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2021 10:31 PM

[...]

Akash Kakkar

Sarah, which addon you are referring to? David's IBM TTS? or any other? If it is any another then please give the link. would like to buy it.

Sarah k Alawami

It's on the aTGuys website. Do a search for eloquence add on. I do not have a link handy.

On 8/13/2021 9:54 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

It's on the aTGuys website. Do a search for eloquence add on. I do not have a link handy.

On 13 Aug 2021, at 8:12, Akash Kakkar wrote:

Sarah, which addon you are referring to? David's IBM TTS? or any other? If it is any another then please give the link. would like to buy it.

benmoxey@...

Hi everyone

Josh makes an important point regarding the SAPI5 version of Eloquence and there  being no difference with responsiveness/quality etc. Another important feature to consider is that you can use the SAPI5 version with other Windows applications, such as Narrator.

Basically, if you just want to use Eloquence with NVDA, the add-on is great value because you get the additional Vocaliser (human sounding) voice. The purchase also supports NV Access. :)

If you want to use it with Narrator etc, buy the SAPI5 version.

All the best.

Ben

14 Aug 2021, at 12:18 am, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

I own the sapi5 eloquence from codeFactory and I also own the addon. I don't see any difference with responsiveness because they are both equally very responsive and fast. The sapi5 one is better because it just works with no addon required.

mattias

but the sapi5 version dont support audiogames

Den 13 augusti 2021 23:43:16 skrev benmoxey@...:

[...]

Socheat

Who said it doesn't support audio games? I played bunch of kitchensInc's game, Manamon both 1 and 2, it all works just fine.

Peter Beasley

I used to use Elloquence until I upgraded to Windows7 when the version of Kurzweil1000 was not compatible. What I would llike to know, have they improved Elloquence so that it doesn’t keep dropping down in pitch when you get a lonb piece of text without any punctuation.

Sent from Mail for Windows

[...]

Yes it actually does. I’ve used the free trial and it did a few weeks ago.

[...]

No they have not, and they probably never will. We’ve brought this up on the android side, and the windows side a lot of times.

[...]

Chris Chaffin

The reason I bought the Sapi5 version of Eloquence is so I could use it with both NVDA as well as with Narrator. I really like Eloquence and its snappiness, and now I can use it no matter which screen reader I am using.

Chris

[...]

Arlene

You mean, KitchenInc’s does exist? It works for win ten? I played it with  win xp. Also with 7. It worked better with xp.

Sent from Mail for Windows