From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 2:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Don't Want To Hear nvda Say "menu item"

John,

Since I don't have a Roku account, I can't explore whether there are any accessibility settings you may be able to turn on for this page.  I suspect if there are you will have a significantly "decluttered" experience.

Even the things being announced as menu items aren't really menu items in the conventional sense of the term, but I can see why they are designated as such since they're graphics showing the shows with play buttons associated with each and you are making a selection.  It's certainly a type of menu, but not a "menu as we all know them" menu.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

John,

Since I don't have a Roku account, I can't explore whether there are any accessibility settings you may be able to turn on for this page.  I suspect if there are you will have a significantly "decluttered" experience.

Even the things being announced as menu items aren't really menu items in the conventional sense of the term, but I can see why they are designated as such since they're graphics showing the shows with play buttons associated with each and you are making a selection.  It's certainly a type of menu, but not a "menu as we all know them" menu.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

John Altmeyer

Hi,

To hear what I can't tolerate hearing, please visit the Roku Channel link below.  For me, it is tantamount to an audio challenge.

When navigating the menu, I am forced to use screen review. Otherwise, every up or down arrow announces "menu item", and I can't make out exactly what is in the text.

A solution is more than just a little bit appreciated.  As an aside, my hearing isn't the best due to tinnitus.

Teen Wolf

https://l.email1.roku.com/rts/go2.aspx?h=364633&tp=i-1NGB-I8-6dT-1yHpfP-1n-4c6q3-1c-1xtP1a-l6SBCBNIiq-cLFUn