Spell Check dictionary

Gene

What program is being used?  If it is a browser, when you are on the misspelled word, open the context menu and you will see an add to dictionary item.  that is the dictionary of the program, not the screen-reader.

You may be able to do the same thing in a word processor or whatever program is being used.

Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2021 11:35 AM
Subject: [nvda] Spell Check dictionary

Hi

I do not use the spell check feature of NVDA but my friend does.  There is a requirement to add some words, names etc, which are being flagged as errors, to the dictionary but I have no clue as to how this can be done.  Advice welcome.

Cheers

Chris

Rui Fontes

NVDA do not have a native spell check feature...

It only reports the presence of ortography errors, if the app being used send that information to NVDA.

So, the addition of terms to the dictionary should be made on the app in use, not in NVDA...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:35 de 04/09/2021, Chris Mullins escreveu:

Hi

I do not use the spell check feature of NVDA but my friend does.  There is a requirement to add some words, names etc, which are being flagged as errors, to the dictionary but I have no clue as to how this can be done.  Advice welcome.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Mullins