Windows tool or NVDA command to convert a image in to text

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 07:45 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
NVDA+R have the inconvenient of only reading what is on the screen.
-
I thought I had remembered that, too.  That's why I favor third-party utilities that OCR process any image scanned PDF file as a unit and that are able to save the results of that OCR processing with the file so that it need not be redone if you need to reference it at a later point in time.

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rui Fontes

Hello!

NVDA+R have the inconvenient of only reading what is on the screen.

I am developing an add-on to recognize image files like FineReader does...

It is based on NAPS, wich is based on Tesseract OCR.

It is working for Windows 10 64-bit.

If you want to test, it is available at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7403kwrr0uicmt7/NAPS2tesseractOCR_1.0_Gen.nvda-addon?dl=1

Any comments and suggestions are welcome to rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 23:20 de 16/09/2021, Dave Grossoehme escreveu:

Good Afternoon:  What is the key stroke or add on to use with NVDA to change a image into text in order to read information from a PDF? I thought the numpad incert key + r activated this in windows 10. I guess I was wrong.  Can someone help.  I'm using Adobe reader d. c., but I received the document but it say's graphic for each page.  I was thinking I could change this.

Dave

I very seldom have used NVDA to invoke Windows 10 OCR, particularly for a PDF file open in Adobe.

I prefer to use a third party OCR option.  See:  Free & Good OCR Software for Image Scanned PDFs

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dave Grossoehme