firefox 58

Don H

After all the talk about firefox 58 I went to www.mozilla.com to download it. When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I was still on firefox 57.0.4 The only thing that changed was I am now running the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

mk360

El 21/01/2018 a las 11:00, Don H escribió:
After all the talk about firefox 58 I went to www.mozilla.com to download it.  When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I was still on firefox 57.0.4  The only thing that changed was I am now running the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

Brian's Mail list account

Its officially out tomorrow.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

From: "Don H" <lmddh50@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2018 2:00 PM
Subject: [nvda] firefox 58

After all the talk about firefox 58 I went to www.mozilla.com to download it. When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I was still on firefox 57.0.4 The only thing that changed was I am now running the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

I am using the beta version with NVDA and it works great. It does not
with JAWS 18.
Nevzat

<bglists@...> wrote:
Its officially out tomorrow.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
it. When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I was

still on firefox 57.0.4 The only thing that changed was I am now running

the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

Brian's Mail list account

No it won't, Apart from the aforementioned issues its a whole lot better than 57 which I could not get to even open an offline buffer here. Just needs the downloads dialogue and the page refresh bugs fixing.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

it. When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I was

still on firefox 57.0.4 The only thing that changed was I am now running

the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

slery <slerythema@...>

I am using the beta version and it does NOT work.
Firefox 58.0
Win 10
Nvda 2017.3

Cindy

it. When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I
was

still on firefox 57.0.4 The only thing that changed was I am now
running

the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

slery <slerythema@...>

Never mind, I updated NVDA and it is now working again.

Cindy

it. When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I
was

still on firefox 57.0.4 The only thing that changed was I am now
running

the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

Robert Mendoza

Yes, it is confirmed that version 58 is been released. However, I will rather to go back to Firefox ESR until the fix were made hopefully. So, far I am very confident enough to used ESR as my browser. For some reason it is more stable yet still could used either addons specifically for accessibility stand point.

Robert Mendoza

On 1/25/2018 2:32 AM, slery wrote:
I am using the beta version and it does NOT work.
Firefox 58.0
Win 10
Nvda 2017.3

Cindy

it. When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I
was

still on firefox 57.0.4 The only thing that changed was I am now
running

the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

Brian's Mail list account

Does the download dialogue work and show the files?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Never mind, I updated NVDA and it is now working again.

Cindy

it. When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I
was

still on firefox 57.0.4 The only thing that changed was I am now
running

the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

Brian's Mail list account

Yes 52ESR is I think a classic version with none of the focus issues of 56 and none of the restrictions of 58.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

it. When I hit enter on the download firefox and then installed it I
was

still on firefox 57.0.4 The only thing that changed was I am now
running

the 64 bit version versus the 32 bit version of firefox 57.

Robert Mendoza

Brian, unlikely, none still persist of showing the file you've been downloading in the dialog. But, you could have heard only the progress which is something to be unusual and have to look to fix and not sure what is the clear end of showing nor reading the file in the download dialog.

Robert Mendoza

On 1/25/2018 5:16 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Does the download dialogue work and show the files?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-