Need help performing clean uninstall of NVDA

Gene

Do any NVDA add-ons make changes to the registry?  Before pursuing such actions as changing the registry, contacting the developer of the add-on might be a good step.  And if it does, you might then find out exactly what to change, thus eliminating the need for removing everything related to NVDA, then reinstalling everything and reestablishing all settings.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2021 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Need help performing clean uninstall of NVDA

Hi all.

Yes, it is enough for clean all NVDA data, but delete keys from the registry don’t is very necessary. In the registry, NVDA save the folder of configuration (roaming or APPdata\locale) and the option of secure mode in secure screens like the user account control. So, if you uninstall NVDA, restart your system and delete the folder of configuration, you can install again NVDA and after your addons without problems.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Soporte a usuarios, comunidad de NVDA en español.

Web: nvda.es

Experto certificado en NVDA

De: Cuong Dang Manh
Enviado: domingo, 26 de septiembre de 2021 3:02
Para: nvda@groups.io
Asunto: [nvda] Need help performing clean uninstall of NVDA

Hi to all

Please, how to perform a clean uninstall of NVDA.

I and some other people have problem with lbl add-on, an add-on to use

along with Reaper. The author said that the only way he or she know is

to reinstall Windows, then install NVDA, then the add-on should work.

I'm not sure that error come from NVDA or not, but if remove via program

and feature, delete NVDA folder from roamming, and even find and delete

keys from registry. Is it enough to clean all NVDA data from a computer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cuong

--

Músico (pianista) y ayuda a usuarios ciegos y con discapacidad visual en el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología. Experto certificado en el lector de pantalla NVDA.

Musician (pianist) and help to the blind people and with visual disability in use of screen readers and technology. Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías

Hi all.

Yes, it is enough for clean all NVDA data, but delete keys from the registry don’t is very necessary. In the registry, NVDA save the folder of configuration (roaming or APPdata\locale) and the option of secure mode in secure screens like the user account control. So, if you uninstall NVDA, restart your system and delete the folder of configuration, you can install again NVDA and after your addons without problems.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Soporte a usuarios, comunidad de NVDA en español.

Web: nvda.es

Experto certificado en NVDA

De: Cuong Dang Manh
Enviado: domingo, 26 de septiembre de 2021 3:02
Para: nvda@groups.io
Asunto: [nvda] Need help performing clean uninstall of NVDA

Hi to all

I and some other people have problem with lbl add-on, an add-on to use

along with Reaper. The author said that the only way he or she know is

to reinstall Windows, then install NVDA, then the add-on should work.

I'm not sure that error come from NVDA or not, but if remove via program

and feature, delete NVDA folder from roamming, and even find and delete

keys from registry. Is it enough to clean all NVDA data from a computer?

Cuong

--

Músico (pianista) y ayuda a usuarios ciegos y con discapacidad visual en el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología. Experto certificado en el lector de pantalla NVDA.

Musician (pianist) and help to the blind people and with visual disability in use of screen readers and technology. Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.

Hi to all
I and some other people have problem with lbl add-on, an add-on to use along with Reaper. The author said that the only way he or she know is to reinstall Windows, then install NVDA, then the add-on should work. I'm not sure that error come from NVDA or not, but if remove via program and feature, delete NVDA folder from roamming, and even find and delete keys from registry. Is it enough to clean all NVDA data from a computer?
Cuong