Need help performing clean uninstall of NVDA

Gene

Do any NVDA add-ons make changes to the registry?  Before pursuing such actions as changing the registry, contacting the developer of the add-on might be a good step.  And if it does, you might then find out exactly what to change, thus eliminating the need for removing everything related to NVDA, then reinstalling everything and reestablishing all settings.

Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2021 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Need help performing clean uninstall of NVDA

Hi all.

Yes, it is enough for clean all NVDA data, but delete keys from the registry don’t is very necessary. In the registry, NVDA save the folder of configuration (roaming or APPdata\locale) and the option of secure mode in secure screens like the user account control. So, if you uninstall NVDA, restart your system and delete the folder of configuration, you can install again NVDA and after your addons without problems.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Soporte a usuarios, comunidad de NVDA en español.

Web: nvda.es

Experto certificado en NVDA