More granular reporting of font/style information?

Luke Robinett

Makes sense. Yeah I did set up a config profile for it but I didn’t know I could assign a hot key to it. That is nifty! I’ll play around with that and see if that gets me close enough to what I need. Thanks

On Nov 15, 2021, at 7:36 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

There isn't currently a way to separate announcement of strikethrough from other font attributes.

The options I can think of (unless there is an add-on with more granularity?) are basically:

- Create an issue on: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues outlining the need and use case
- See if your team can change the way they report changes
- If the page doesn't have a lot of other font attribute changes, another option is to set a configuration profile with font attributes enabled, and assign it a keystroke so that you can enable that configuration easily.

See our recent In-process blog article on using Configuration Profiles: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-19th-august-2021/#Profiles
Here's an older blog post which covered using Input gestures: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-24th-july-2018/#InputGestures

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 9:46 AM Luke Robinett <lukelistservs@...> wrote:
Hi,
I need to know when text on a particular website has been formatted as strikethrough. I found that if I enabled the font attributes setting from the document formatting tab of NVDA settings this reports the strikethrough attribute, but it also reports all other attributes of fonts, which is way too much information. I just need to know when something is strikethrough because this is how my development team indicates a requirement that no longer needs to be considered when I’m reviewing a ticket. Is there a way to tell NVDA to only announce if the strike through attribute is present but otherwise behave as normal? If not, I may need to work with my team to get them to capture the information in a different way. I just prefer not to have to change everybody else’s processes if I can fix it on my end. Thanks.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen