Computer says a new version of Weather is available, but the downloading doesn't work

Adriano Barbieri

Hi Jarek,

Is the self-update of a new version canceled?
It may be an expired certificate problem, see if there is a line like this in the nvda log:
Weather_Plus 8.6: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1091)>
If so, then you need to open nvda's python console with NVDA + Control + z and type these two lines to update the Windows root certificate store:
import updateCheck
updateCheck._updateWindowsRootCertificates()

Weather_Plus auto update will work again.

Regards
Adriano

Il 21/11/2021 14:31, Jarek.Krcmar ha scritto:

Hello all in group,

I want download and install a new version of Weather plus, but the downloading doesn't work.

I would like to know, where is an error, and how to download it.

Do you have any idea, please?

Rui Fontes

Hello!

You also can download it from the oficial repository:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=wetp

Best regards,

Rui Fontes

Às 13:31 de 21/11/2021, Jarek.Krcmar escreveu:

Hello all in group,

I want download and install a new version of Weather plus, but the downloading doesn't work.

I would like to know, where is an error, and how to download it.

Do you have any idea, please?

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Chriss,

thank you for the link.

It's already working.

Jarek

Dne 21.11.2021 v 15:49 Chris Mullins napsal(a):

Hi

You can download the stable 8.7 version from

https://nvda-addons.org/

Just search for Weather_Plus when on the site.

Cheers

Chris

--

Jarek

__________ ESET Internet Security __________

Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována, a nebyly v ní nalezeny žádné hrozby.

Verze detekčního jádra: 24328 (20211121)

https://www.eset.cz
--
Jarek

Chris Mullins

Hi

You can download the stable 8.7 version from

https://nvda-addons.org/

Just search for Weather_Plus when on the site.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows