nv speech player

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

for those who don't play NV speech player, create a copy of NVDA 2020.4, and install this add-on

Em qui., 25 de nov. de 2021 às 23:22, Christopher Duffley <christophernduffley@...> escreveu:

I actually quite liked the Adam voice which its variant is not currently in Espeak as far as I'm aware. I know that the Adam voice is there, but it's not the familiar one I heard in NVSpeechPlayer.

As you've just said, if anyone's willing to continue with this, that would be awesome! If not, I have plans to revive some add-ons that might not be maintained by anyone else, mostly nostalgic ones like OldEloquence and possibly some modern ones as well.

I'll hopefully be in the process of learning Python so I can hopefully help out with not just add-ons but, if needed, NVDA itself.

Thanks,

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Nov 25, 2021, at 19:49, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:

hello friends, i was talking to quentin about the NV speech player addon support, and i think it would be nice for a user who understands that to continue the project! i know that with NVDA 2021.2 we had espeak NG with the same voices and i thought even better, but it's not for me, it's for users who like eloquence and can't buy it, so someone can continue this project, it would be really cool

Christopher Duffley

[...]

Quentin Christensen

Just to follow up on Eduardo's comments.  On the NV Speech Player's GitHub page, we have posted the following maintenance note (This is not new btw, I'm just sharing to ensure we're all on the same page):

"Maintenance Note
NV Access is no longer maintaining this project. If you make use of this project or find it interesting, and you have the time and expertise to maintain it, please feel free to fork it and let us know you are interested in taking it on.

This includes the speechPlayer core itself, plus the nvSpeechPlayer NVDA add-on also in this repository. Note that the eSpeak-ng/espeak-ng project also includes a copy of the speechPlayer code as an alternative Klatt implementation."

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen