eBook Readers with NVDA

David Russell

Hello NVDA,
This post is about eBook accessibility options with NVDA.
Please comment on which may be the best alternative for one without
vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
2. Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
or knowledge concerning this issue.
3. Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
and read on iPhone.
4. Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.

Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this
requires one to have an eBook reader.

Thanks for comment(s) in advance.

--
David C. Russell, Author
david.sonofhashem@...

John Isige

I use QRead myself, but lots of people don't like it because the author will abandon things for long periods of time. Still, for me, it works pretty well, I haven't found another program that reads all of the formats it does. But you do have other options. Edge can read .EPUB files, I'm pretty sure, and lots of things can read PDFs nowadays, most browsers for example. If they won't come up as text you'll have to OCR them with something anyway, in order to read them.

I've never gotten Calibre to do much of anything. Personally I wouldn't restrict myself to something like the iPhone, not only because I don't own one, but also because then you're stuck with whatever Apple has. There are lots of books that aren't in Apple's format.

Another option you didn't mention is Kindle for PC. This is accessible and works well with NVDA, so much so that I signed up for Kindle unlimited. There's also Bookshare, and NLS if you're in the US, or whatever library service you've got in your country, in case you're not hooked up with something like that.

On 12/2/2021 11:05 AM, David Russell wrote:
[...]

Gene

Edge can read PDF files but it doesn’t read epub.

I’m not recommending this program because I don’t know what other programs are available, but I use balabolka to open epub files.  I then select the text and copy it to the clipboard and paste it into Notepad.  I want my books as text files.

Reading epub files in balabolka itself may not be a good option.  I don’t know about other browsers, but read to end or say all, I believe is the actual term used  by NVDA developers, stops at the end of each paragraph.  You can have the program read itself, using MSAPI voices but if you don’t have one you like, you won’t be satisfied.  Plus, you lose all the screen-reader dictionary entries you have made when using the program to read.

I use QRead myself, but lots of people don't like it because the author
will abandon things for long periods of time. Still, for me, it works
pretty well, I haven't found another program that reads all of the
formats it does. But you do have other options. Edge can read .EPUB
files, I'm pretty sure, and lots of things can read PDFs nowadays, most
browsers for example. If they won't come up as text you'll have to OCR
them with something anyway, in order to read them.

I've never gotten Calibre to do much of anything. Personally I wouldn't
restrict myself to something like the iPhone, not only because I don't
own one, but also because then you're stuck with whatever Apple has.
There are lots of books that aren't in Apple's format.

Another option you didn't mention is Kindle for PC. This is accessible
and works well with NVDA, so much so that I signed up for Kindle
unlimited. There's also Bookshare, and NLS if you're in the US, or
whatever library service you've got in your country, in case you're not
hooked up with something like that.

On 12/2/2021 11:05 AM, David Russell wrote:
> Hello NVDA,
> This post is about eBook accessibility options with NVDA.
> Please comment on which may be the best alternative for one without
> vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
> 1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
> 2.  Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
> regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
> could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
> or knowledge concerning this issue.
> 3.  Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
> and read on iPhone.
> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this
> requires one to have an eBook reader.
>
> Thanks for comment(s) in advance.

I forget the software, but I have an ebook converter that uses calibre and which  I use for epub books but I can't remember what it is.

Next, yeah balabolka and adobe reader can read pdfs well enough.

As for text and the rest well they work.

Next one other option no one mentioned is the dolphin easyreader.

For those using dolphin products the damn thing is free if you have payed for 1.

If not the universal is only 65 bucks.

I haven't read epubs for a bit but they are hardly inaccessible.

Your simple daisy reader should read them.

And any portable daisy or supported player will read them.

I don't read enough to subscribe to scribbed but aparently you can write there to.

Another thing to mention though I have never done this, is that if you buy kindle books your alexa enabled device can aparently read them to you.

On 3/12/2021 6:12 am, John Isige wrote:
[...]

.

Chrome has done a good job of reading pdfs to.

On 3/12/2021 6:20 am, Gene wrote:
Edge can read PDF files but it doesn’t read epub.

I’m not recommending this program because I don’t know what other programs are available, but I use balabolka to open epub files.  I then select the text and copy it to the clipboard and paste it into Notepad.  I want my books as text files.

Reading epub files in balabolka itself may not be a good option.  I don’t know about other browsers, but read to end or say all, I believe is the actual term used  by NVDA developers, stops at the end of each paragraph.  You can have the program read itself, using MSAPI voices but if you don’t have one you like, you won’t be satisfied.  Plus, you lose all the screen-reader dictionary entries you have made when using the program to read.

I use QRead myself, but lots of people don't like it because the author
will abandon things for long periods of time. Still, for me, it works
pretty well, I haven't found another program that reads all of the
formats it does. But you do have other options. Edge can read .EPUB
files, I'm pretty sure, and lots of things can read PDFs nowadays, most
browsers for example. If they won't come up as text you'll have to OCR
them with something anyway, in order to read them.

I've never gotten Calibre to do much of anything. Personally I wouldn't
restrict myself to something like the iPhone, not only because I don't
own one, but also because then you're stuck with whatever Apple has.
There are lots of books that aren't in Apple's format.

Another option you didn't mention is Kindle for PC. This is accessible
and works well with NVDA, so much so that I signed up for Kindle
unlimited. There's also Bookshare, and NLS if you're in the US, or
whatever library service you've got in your country, in case you're not
hooked up with something like that.

On 12/2/2021 11:05 AM, David Russell wrote:
> Hello NVDA,
> This post is about eBook accessibility options with NVDA.
> Please comment on which may be the best alternative for one without
> vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
> 1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
> 2.  Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
> regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
> could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
> or knowledge concerning this issue.
> 3.  Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
> and read on iPhone.
> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this
> requires one to have an eBook reader.
>
> Thanks for comment(s) in advance.

Chris Smart

I use QRead on the PC.

and the Kindle and Books apps on my iPhone. Oh the Voice Dream Reader app on my phone as well.

Chris Smart

You said:
I forget the software, but I have an ebook converter that uses calibre and which I use for epub books but I can't remember what it is.

That would be Codex 2 from James Schols. I probably butchered the spelling of his last name. Sorry James.

AAh yeah codex.

How could I have forgotten.

Shows you how often I have needed to read epub books.

Codex converts the books just fine and is what I use as my primary unit.

True I need to keep calibre updated but hay.

On 3/12/2021 6:33 am, Chris Smart wrote:
You said:
I forget the software, but I have an ebook converter that uses calibre and which I use for epub books but I can't remember what it is.

That would be Codex 2 from James Schols. I probably butchered the spelling of his last name. Sorry James.

Gene

That may be but in the small amount of comparison I’ve done, Edge is better.
Its better in the small amount of comparison I’ve done than Firefox as wwell.

I use QRead myself, but lots of people don't like it because the author
will abandon things for long periods of time. Still, for me, it works
pretty well, I haven't found another program that reads all of the
formats it does. But you do have other options. Edge can read .EPUB
files, I'm pretty sure, and lots of things can read PDFs nowadays, most
browsers for example. If they won't come up as text you'll have to OCR
them with something anyway, in order to read them.

I've never gotten Calibre to do much of anything. Personally I wouldn't
restrict myself to something like the iPhone, not only because I don't
own one, but also because then you're stuck with whatever Apple has.
There are lots of books that aren't in Apple's format.

Another option you didn't mention is Kindle for PC. This is accessible
and works well with NVDA, so much so that I signed up for Kindle
unlimited. There's also Bookshare, and NLS if you're in the US, or
whatever library service you've got in your country, in case you're not
hooked up with something like that.

On 12/2/2021 11:05 AM, David Russell wrote:
> Hello NVDA,
> This post is about eBook accessibility options with NVDA.
> Please comment on which may be the best alternative for one without
> vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
> 1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
> 2.  Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
> regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
> could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
> or knowledge concerning this issue.
> 3.  Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
> and read on iPhone.
> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this
> requires one to have an eBook reader.
>
> Thanks for comment(s) in advance.

mystragical@...

Try bookworm from BlindPandas. It's the best reading app in my opinion, for NVDA users.
https://github.com/blindpandas/bookworm
It can be also found at:
https://getbookworm.com/

Jackie

Thanks for that 1! This ebook reader has come a long way. I hav QRead,
but have had to revert to the 3.1 version because the 3.2 version
wouldn't save position. The fact that this is free is also a huge
plus, though having thus said, I'll be in contact to donate if I find
I like it as much as I think I will.

On 12/2/21, mystragical@... <mystragical@...> wrote:
Try bookworm from BlindPandas. It's the best reading app in my opinion, for
NVDA users.
https://github.com/blindpandas/bookworm
It can be also found at:
https://getbookworm.com/

JM Casey

Edge can probably read epub files with a plugin,b ut not natively. I've tried a few plugins for both chromium and firefox and there seem to be accessibility issues with many of them. I just use various tools to convert to .txt file for the most part. Qread can do this but it scrambles character encoding sometimes, rending things like quotation marks and accents a whole lot of nonsense characters on my braille display.

[...]

Quentin Christensen

Thorium Reader is another option: https://www.edrlab.org/software/thorium-reader/

(It gets a mention in this week's In-Process which is out later today)

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 5:13 AM JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:
Edge can probably read epub files with a plugin,b ut not natively. I've tried a few plugins for both chromium and firefox and there seem to be accessibility issues with many of them. I just use various tools to convert to .txt file for the most part. Qread can do this but it scrambles character encoding sometimes, rending things like quotation marks and accents a whole lot of nonsense characters on my braille display.

I use QRead myself, but lots of people don't like it because the author will abandon things for long periods of time. Still, for me, it works pretty well, I haven't found another program that reads all of the formats it does. But you do have other options. Edge can read .EPUB files, I'm pretty sure, and lots of things can read PDFs nowadays, most browsers for example. If they won't come up as text you'll have to OCR them with something anyway, in order to read them.

I've never gotten Calibre to do much of anything. Personally I wouldn't restrict myself to something like the iPhone, not only because I don't own one, but also because then you're stuck with whatever Apple has.
There are lots of books that aren't in Apple's format.

Another option you didn't mention is Kindle for PC. This is accessible and works well with NVDA, so much so that I signed up for Kindle unlimited. There's also Bookshare, and NLS if you're in the US, or whatever library service you've got in your country, in case you're not hooked up with something like that.

On 12/2/2021 11:05 AM, David Russell wrote:
> Hello NVDA,
> This post is about eBook accessibility options with NVDA.
> Please comment on which may be the best alternative for one without
> vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
> 1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
> 2.  Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
> regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
> could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
> or knowledge concerning this issue.
> 3.  Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
> and read on iPhone.
> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this
> requires one to have an eBook reader.
>
> Thanks for comment(s) in advance.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

udit pandey

is there any ebook converter which can convert my hard books pages into very accessible way in word or daisy formait so fs reader or ms word can work on it and nvda can read it properly

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 at 02:47, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
> [...]

> vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
> 1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
> 2.  Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
> regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
> could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
> or knowledge concerning this issue.
> 3.  Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
> and read on iPhone.
> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this

hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never lisson bad

John Isige

If by "hard books pages" you mean physical books, you need a scanner, and something that will do OCR, optical character recognition.

On 12/2/2021 7:31 PM, udit pandey wrote:
> [...]

> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this
> requires one to have an eBook reader.
>
> Thanks for comment(s) in advance.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never lisson bad

Well just learned from github that codex is no longer developed.

Not only that but jscholes.net is offline so version 2.1.1 is the last version of thhis nice converter though you can still get it though its unsupported so I am now in the market for a good  calibre frontend which is like it if I should ever need it.

For those that give a damn, if you go to www.keybase.pub/shauneve you will be able to download codex 2.11 which is the last compiled version of this as it would be a shame to lose it completely.

What I like about this is it uses the powerfull calibre engine to convert books, remove drm and a few other things.

If only I knew that the thing was going away I would have pulled any later versions.

James scholes has been offline since 2019 or there abouts.

On 3/12/2021 10:16 am, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Thorium Reader is another option: https://www.edrlab.org/software/thorium-reader/

(It gets a mention in this week's In-Process which is out later today)

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 5:13 AM JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:
Edge can probably read epub files with a plugin,b ut not natively. I've tried a few plugins for both chromium and firefox and there seem to be accessibility issues with many of them. I just use various tools to convert to .txt file for the most part. Qread can do this but it scrambles character encoding sometimes, rending things like quotation marks and accents a whole lot of nonsense characters on my braille display.

I use QRead myself, but lots of people don't like it because the author will abandon things for long periods of time. Still, for me, it works pretty well, I haven't found another program that reads all of the formats it does. But you do have other options. Edge can read .EPUB files, I'm pretty sure, and lots of things can read PDFs nowadays, most browsers for example. If they won't come up as text you'll have to OCR them with something anyway, in order to read them.

I've never gotten Calibre to do much of anything. Personally I wouldn't restrict myself to something like the iPhone, not only because I don't own one, but also because then you're stuck with whatever Apple has.
There are lots of books that aren't in Apple's format.

Another option you didn't mention is Kindle for PC. This is accessible and works well with NVDA, so much so that I signed up for Kindle unlimited. There's also Bookshare, and NLS if you're in the US, or whatever library service you've got in your country, in case you're not hooked up with something like that.

On 12/2/2021 11:05 AM, David Russell wrote:
> Hello NVDA,
> This post is about eBook accessibility options with NVDA.
> Please comment on which may be the best alternative for one without
> vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
> 1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
> 2.  Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
> regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
> could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
> or knowledge concerning this issue.
> 3.  Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
> and read on iPhone.
> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this
> requires one to have an eBook reader.
>
> Thanks for comment(s) in advance.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

cisco

Hello Quentin and all,

Should the classic windows executable of Thorium be downloaded, or is the Windows Store version accessible as well?

Thanks for any answer.

Best regards.

Francisco.

(It gets a mention in this week's In-Process which is out later today)

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 5:13 AM JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Edge can probably read epub files with a plugin,b ut not natively. I've tried a few plugins for both chromium and firefox and there seem to be accessibility issues with many of them. I just use various tools to convert to .txt file for the most part. Qread can do this but it scrambles character encoding sometimes, rending things like quotation marks and accents a whole lot of nonsense characters on my braille display.

I use QRead myself, but lots of people don't like it because the author will abandon things for long periods of time. Still, for me, it works pretty well, I haven't found another program that reads all of the formats it does. But you do have other options. Edge can read .EPUB files, I'm pretty sure, and lots of things can read PDFs nowadays, most browsers for example. If they won't come up as text you'll have to OCR them with something anyway, in order to read them.

I've never gotten Calibre to do much of anything. Personally I wouldn't restrict myself to something like the iPhone, not only because I don't own one, but also because then you're stuck with whatever Apple has.
There are lots of books that aren't in Apple's format.

Another option you didn't mention is Kindle for PC. This is accessible and works well with NVDA, so much so that I signed up for Kindle unlimited. There's also Bookshare, and NLS if you're in the US, or whatever library service you've got in your country, in case you're not hooked up with something like that.

On 12/2/2021 11:05 AM, David Russell wrote:
> Hello NVDA,
> This post is about eBook accessibility options with NVDA.
> Please comment on which may be the best alternative for one without
> vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
> 1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
> 2.  Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
> regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
> could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
> or knowledge concerning this issue.
> 3.  Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
> and read on iPhone.
> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this
> requires one to have an eBook reader.
>
> Thanks for comment(s) in advance.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

I am interested on that to.

Bookworm looks good but its only a beta so who knows.

With codex out of the picture for a supported software package anyway I may have to get another backup.

On 3/12/2021 8:48 pm, cisco wrote:

> [...]

> vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
> 1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
> 2.  Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
> regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
> could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
> or knowledge concerning this issue.
> 3.  Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
> and read on iPhone.
> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this

Ikrami

Have you tried bookworm? It is a free, open-source, fully accessible and efficient e-book reader designed for the blind by the blind. Check it here:

https://github.com/blindpandas/bookworm

(It gets a mention in this week's In-Process which is out later today)

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 5:13 AM JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Edge can probably read epub files with a plugin,b ut not natively. I've tried a few plugins for both chromium and firefox and there seem to be accessibility issues with many of them. I just use various tools to convert to .txt file for the most part. Qread can do this but it scrambles character encoding sometimes, rending things like quotation marks and accents a whole lot of nonsense characters on my braille display.

I use QRead myself, but lots of people don't like it because the author will abandon things for long periods of time. Still, for me, it works pretty well, I haven't found another program that reads all of the formats it does. But you do have other options. Edge can read .EPUB files, I'm pretty sure, and lots of things can read PDFs nowadays, most browsers for example. If they won't come up as text you'll have to OCR them with something anyway, in order to read them.

I've never gotten Calibre to do much of anything. Personally I wouldn't restrict myself to something like the iPhone, not only because I don't own one, but also because then you're stuck with whatever Apple has.
There are lots of books that aren't in Apple's format.

Another option you didn't mention is Kindle for PC. This is accessible and works well with NVDA, so much so that I signed up for Kindle unlimited. There's also Bookshare, and NLS if you're in the US, or whatever library service you've got in your country, in case you're not hooked up with something like that.

On 12/2/2021 11:05 AM, David Russell wrote:
> Hello NVDA,
> This post is about eBook accessibility options with NVDA.
> Please comment on which may be the best alternative for one without
> vision, using NVDA to work with an acquired eBook reader?
> 1. QRead, is a pay-for product, designed by a blind user, Chris Toth.
> 2.  Calibre Reader, formerly used by the customer service rep at my
> regional Library Service for the Blind. However, she is sighted. She
> could not offer specifics. Her blind colleague has limited experience
> or knowledge concerning this issue.
> 3.  Forego the first two options, purchase eBooks from Apple Bookstore
> and read on iPhone.
> 4.  Get a paid subscription to use Scribde with NVDA screen reader.
>
> Previously, I have published and purchased a couple other books on
> SmashWords. However, authors are opting for less readily accessible
> means (Adobe PDF, TXT, or HTML) for one who purchases and read titles.
> More so, formats becoming standard are Moby and or ePub. Hence, this
> requires one to have an eBook reader.
>
> Thanks for comment(s) in advance.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

David Russell

Hello All,

I will probably choose between the iPhone, Bookworm, and Scribbed
after reading through the responses you graciously provided.
I'm not as tech savvy as some, so simple is desired.
I tend to steer clear of Amazon for personal reasons as an author and
reader. Thus I am not going to choose Kindle. I found GooglePlay
usable with NVDA and eBooks, but only my Google Smart Speaker if the
book is audio.
The anthology I am interested in is published to Amazon, SmashWords,
Apple, Kobo, and Barnes and Noble. The plan is to add more venues
later.
Authors on SmashWords again, seem to be choosing between EPUB, Moby
and perhaps a third as format choice. Finding PDF, HTML, or plain text
is becoming rare. Thanks again and happy holidays to all!

David

--
David C. Russell, Author
david.sonofhashem@...