Strange issue with Win11 (screen refreshing)

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 04:55 AM, Gabriele Battaglia wrote:
And no, it never happened under Win10, it is totally new to me.
-
Any time one is experiencing peculiarities under either Windows 10 or 11, it is well worth doing the following, in order, and only do #2 if #1 doesn't solve the issue:

1. Using DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) and SFC (System File Checker) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

2. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

If push really comes to shove, one may have to resort to: Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Fetch the Win10 ISO File
or
Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Create Bootable Win10 Install Media on a USB Thumb Drive
depending on whether you want to just burn the ISO you already have to bootable media or just want to have the Media Creation Tool create the bootable drive for you.

All of the above applies to Windows 11 as well as Windows 10.  I just have not bothered to go in and update titles, etc., yet.

As an aside that's worth mentioning here, and particularly since it can be more useful and helpful for someone who uses accessibility software, many technicians will do a completely clean reinstall of Windows on a brand new machine as soon as it comes out of the box.  Using the install media from Microsoft gets you the cleanest and most "debloated" instance of Windows that can be had.  It makes the most rock solid starting point without any bloatware that most manufacturers include on computers these days.  I don't do this routinely for sighted clients, but have when I am setting up a brand new machine for someone who cannot see.  If the computer has an SSD as its main system drive a completely clean reinstall is a very quick process, often less than 15 minutes, and I've never had one go to 30 minutes when an SSD is the system drive.

         ~ Vance Packard

Yeah I've been there.

Its why I stopped messing round with vmware software when lockdown started.

If it fails well put it this way when its needed well.

One thing you can try is to go to nvda preffs and make sure the mouse mode is not active.

I think its called mouse tracking, now if thats off no problem.

I do use the mouse on some mainstream programs to click buttons but never on my wrig unless I need it.

No idea why the mouse should move but since you can knock it about easily enough that may actually be it.

The other thing is never to leave the system in a program like mail, a website, etc that autorefreshes or has updated content and that could be it to.

Turning off your speakers while away may help to.

On 6/12/2021 10:42 pm, Gabriele Battaglia via groups.io wrote:

Reply to Shaun Everiss's message, wrote on 05/12/2021 at 04:10:

Hi Shaun, thanks a lot for your suggestions and detailed help.

I guess it is too much for me. I'm living alone, totally blind and I have no eyes to help if something will go wrong... and PC is too much important to me now, to wait for somebody's help. :)

I'll keep your ideas for the future when I will have some assistance.

Best regards.

Gabe.

.

Sarah k Alawami

Actually if you use netlogger you might not have this issue. I do not and I run nets, or used to until my shack got flooded. It pulls from the QRZ database but that's for a different list, pm me for more info.