Bengali / Bangla translator wanted

Quentin Christensen

Dear Mani,

Thank you for your help and your friend's potential interest!

On that translating page, I don't see Telugu listed, so yes, we would be very happy to have work done on that language as well!  I was only asking after Bangla as we'd had a few requests for it - and it was the most commonly spoken language NVDA wasn't yet translated into.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 12:00 PM Mani Iyer via groups.io <mani.g.iyer=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Quentin,

I just spoke to a friend of mine who knows Bengali and can even get more people involved if need be. He has a lot of questions to ask. How do I have him get in touch with you?
Also, inf the future, if you need a Telugu translator, I have volunteers who will be ready to do it.

I really appreciate NVDA’s reach in  the global community. Thank you and the NVDA team.

Warmly,
Mani

On Dec 6, 2021, at 12:36 AM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Good afternoon,

As we all know, one of NVDA's strengths has always been the community, and worldwide availability.  To that end, I wanted to reach out as we do not have a Bangla / Bengali translation of NVDA.  As one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, we would be interested in addressing this.

As with our other languages, we are looking for a community-minded volunteer  or group of people to first setup the Bengali / Bangla translation, and then to keep the language updated moving forward.  If anyone is interested, or knows anyone, please do let me know.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen