locked Tutorial On Using NVDA Single Letter Navigation to navigate faster than even a sighted person

TheeQuinn Public

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi,

This is a fantastic video. I do use some of those commands already. Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial with us.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

TheeQuinn Public

You are most welcome

Mani Iyer

Hello D. Quinn,
Thank you for posting this tutorial. It is extremely helpful to me at this stage of my NVDA initiation.  Please post future tutorials on this list. Perhaps you are already doing this but I am new to this neighborhood. :)

Warmly,
mani

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 11:49 AM, Mani Iyer wrote:
Please post future tutorials on this list. Perhaps you are already doing this
-
Mani,

She is, and she has.  Her offerings are always useful.

Mani Iyer

Thanks Brian. I will look for them in the archives.  She makes it so pleasant too. :)

Mani

On Dec 13, 2021, at 11:56 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 11:49 AM, Mani Iyer wrote:
Please post future tutorials on this list. Perhaps you are already doing this
-
Mani,

She is, and she has.  Her offerings are always useful.

Years ago, I did an Internet tutorial which in part dealt with things you are discussing.  One reason I did the tutorial was because I saw the same inefficient, painfully slow, way of web page navigation so many blind people were using.  My tutorial is too old for general use now, much of the information is out-of-date, but this information is just as relevant and applicable today.  I’m very pleased that you did this tutorial, which I hope a lot of people listen to.

I have more discussion which you and others may find useful about efficient navigation, one or two points, I think are very largely unknown.  But they may be more appropriate for the chat list, since most of them are about efficient navigation and not limited to a specific screen-reader.  I’ll probably write another message to the chat list.

I have a comment about the presentation itself.  I don’t know how others feel but I hope you stop using background music.  I find it a little distracting.

I’m glad you are presenting such high quality information in a skillful manner.

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

I don’t see any harm in her having the background music as long as it isn’t loud. I have some old tutorials of Brian Hargten that have some background music and it isn’t loud.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

Monte Single

Hi List,

I am using current  nvda and   chrome browser.

Is there a way I can download or save  Thee Quinn’s tutorial from u tube without having   to listen to it on line?

Thanks,

Mont

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

Gene

You can use a program like Pontes Media Downloader to download the tutorial.  But if you would almost never use such a program, you might find you would rather pause the presentation and take notes.  Its about ten minutes long, that’s my rough guess from listening to it.

You can pause the video take a note, then resume.

I won’t discuss either option further in this message since I don’t know which you might want to use.

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

mk360

Hi,

El 13/12/2021 a las 14:51, Monte Single escribió:

Hi List,

I am using current  nvda and   chrome browser.

Is there a way I can download or save  Thee Quinn’s tutorial from u tube without having   to listen to it on line?

You can use the "Video DownloadHelper" extension on Firefox and Chrome, or the youtube-dl program from the command line. Also, you can download with https://es.savefrom.net/1-youtube-video-downloader-31.html but I never have used it.

Greetings,

mk.

Monte Single

OK, Gene,

I’ll check out the pontes player.

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

Robert Cole

Hi,
Here is one way to do it.
Copy the YouTube address.
Go to
Paste the link and download the mp3.
Thanks,
Rob

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

tim

All the paid pros on youtube use music for background. So keep it up there good.

I would rather listen to her and the music then her keyboard going click, click, click.

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

Gene

If you are just going to use it for this kind of voice download, I won’t go into the details I would if you were downloading music and wanted to control the parameters of the format you are using..
Go to the Youtube page in a browser where the video is you want to listen to.   Copy the link to the clipboard from the address bar.  In this instance, you don’t have to do that.  You can copy it from the message instead.
If you place the link to what you want to download on the clip board, when you open Pontes, it will automatically be placed in the program.
Select the format you want.  You will find the combo box by tabbing around
Tab to the download button and press the space bar.
Move to the status line with control s.  Read it with speak current line.

Before you start the download tab around to see where it will be downloaded.  You can change the location but I’d have to look at the program to find out how.  I’ve almost never changed the location.  I’ve changed it and left it.

Gene

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 12:06 PM

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 01:12 PM, Robert Cole wrote:
www.mp3-now.com
-
That is a really nice, simple site.  It also has navigation tabs at the top in case you prefer MP4 format, or want both MP3 and MP4 format from the same source with the conversion done at one time.

I really like purpose-built tools like this that don't require tons of choice-making to get the job done.

Viris g. Rodríguez <vgr.09.15@...>

Hello everybody. I can download YouTube videos as mp3 files. I could do it and upload the file to drive. I just need to know how to find it please. I deleted the mail containing the link by accident.
Thanks in advance.

[...]

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#90861) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

NVDA Topics on Groups.io - https://nvda..groups.io/g/nvda/topics | NVDA Archive Search Page on Groups.io - https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/search

Get NVDA from: https://www.nvaccess.org/
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong. Donate at: https://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Get NVDA add-ons at: https://addons.nvda-project.org/
Other links:

_._,_._,_

Jackie

Yall should remember that downloading stuff off YouTube is against
their TOS, in case anyone cares.

On 12/13/21, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

I don’t care what all the paid pros do.  Just because the majority does or thinks something doesn’t make it right.
Most people used to think the earth is flat.
I don’t know what the majority practice is among those creating tutorials for blind people.  I do know that when I have listened to tutorials for blind people, they generally don’t have background music.

If most people want or don’t find music at all distracting, fine.  But just because Youtube professionals, and I don’t know what sorts of videos you are referring to, a cooking demonstration is much different from a tutorial of this type, do is irrelevant.

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Hello everyone. I just posted a new video (mostly for persons who are new to using NVDA). Learn the different ways you can use NVDA single letter navigation to navigate your webpage even faster than persons who are sighted. Enjoy and show the world that blindness does not limit you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKSsGtIpoo&t=22s

Gene

Are you offering to do this to make it available to others?  Before you do, its well worth considering that if you do too much for people, you make it less likely that they will learn to do the thing itself and will not be able to do it when they want to in future.

Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 12:47 PM