Reading of MMC in windows

Thomas N. Chan

What I do right now is to type in an extra command in the elevated  command prompt with admin's rights, since I need to do things on it.
I also created a batch file to pull up NVDA and also MMC at the same time. maybe before MMC is executed.
does what I want, so I will just leave this as it is

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 4:00 AM Richard Wells <richwels@...> wrote:

Thomas: What I would do is run NVDA portable as administrator. Then all of that elevated stuff would read. Others may say that this is not a good idea, but for some tasks, this is just what I have to do if I don't want an installed NVDA and need admin access.

On 12/16/2021 2:05 AM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:

Hi all,

I notice one lack of NVDA portable copy which I am using.

Whether in windows 7 or 10, this problem still occur.

If you would type in devmgmt.msc in run box and bring up device manager.

NVDA is not reading any of the stuff

Even in MMC and create your own MMC snap-in.

Type in mmc in run box

Then you hit add snap-in ctrl – m

NVDA is not reading anything.

So you can imagine in windows server, all these is not reading, hard to manage those server pool without all these features  working.

Do I need to change any settings?

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

Richard Wells

[...]

Hmm, I miss that part of the manual.
thanks for that

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 4:19 PM Tyler Spivey via groups.io <tspivey=pcdesk.net@groups.io> wrote:
 From reading the section labeled Portable and Temporary Copy
Restrictions in the manual, it looks like your only solutions are to
install it or run NVDA as admin.

On 12/16/2021 12:05 AM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I notice one lack of NVDA portable copy which I am using.
>
> Whether in windows 7 or 10, this problem still occur.
>
> If you would type in devmgmt.msc in run box and bring up device manager.
>
> NVDA is not reading any of the stuff
>
> Even in MMC and create your own MMC snap-in.
>
> Type in mmc in run box
>
> Then you hit add snap-in ctrl – m
>
> NVDA is not reading anything.
>
> So you can imagine in windows server, all these is not reading, hard to
> manage those server pool without all these features working.
>
> Do I need to change any settings?

> regards
> Thomas N. Chan

Tyler Spivey