Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA

On 2021-12-27 09:09 PM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello,

Yes, I realize I didn't mention that. What I find with NVDA is that the gestures aren't always named clearly, so I, personally, have a hard time knowing exactly what to search for. My searches can narrow down results, but by that point, it can be simpler to simply go to the category in the tree, then find the setting in question. In any case, I was going more for teaching concepts of traversing a tree. Nonetheless, I will be sure to mention the search box in the next video.

Thanks.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 4:55 AM Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:

Nimer, one thing I might have mentioned in the demo is that, if you shift+tab off the treeview in the input gestures dialogue, then you land in a search box, which can make it a lot easier to find some gesture items, since that treeview contains a lot of items?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA
On 2021-12-25 02:40 AM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello everyone,

First, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. This year has been a challenging one for me, quite challenging, actually. I know this is true for many of you. Thank you so much for the support you have shown me, and each other, in this forum. Please try to stay safe, remember that we are in a pandemic, but try to be merry as well. For some, the holidays can be a tough time. You are not alone, and things will look brighter, even if it doesn't feel like it now. If you wish to reach out and need someone to talk to, please reach out to me at nimerjaber1@....

Next, BlindTechAdventures is a YouTube channel, and is the home of Nimer and Kirt, and anyone else who wishes to come on. We discuss tech, and any other topic we feel like discussing. This was called Nimer's Tech and Outdoor Adventures channel, but has been renamed.

In any case, the latest video is out. It is a Christmas message, as well as a quick guide on the NVDA Input Gestures settings. Using the Input Gestures settings, I've demonstrated how to assign keyboard commands for a flattened mode of next and previous object navigation, which is the equivalent of the JAWS touch cursor, and is similar to Narrator navigation, and can help you access programs which may have accessibility challenges. I've also assigned a keyboard command to turn on and off the screen curtain. Using the steps I provide, you can change or add gestures or keyboard commands for NVDA functionality.

If you like the content, please consider liking, sharing with your network, and subscribing, in order to receive additional content. If you have comments or suggestions, please send those to nimerjaber1@... or via comment on the YouTube video. If you'd like to come on to discuss tech, or you want to help with the visuals of the channel, etc., please get in touch as well.

To watch the video, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmeGih7_O74

If you celebrate, Merry Christmas.

--
Best,