From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ali Colak
Sent: Monday, 27 December 2021 17:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Function keys on orbit reader 40.

Hello,
Is there anyway to make the function keys like space+n and space+t work with NVDA. When I press space+n to go the NVDA menu on the orbit reader 40, there is no responce.

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

You need to read the manual Orbit Research has. I'm sure its located on their site. I'm sure their commands specificly for NVDA. I have an Orbit Writer. I don't know if the commands for the reader and writer are the same or not.

On 12/27/2021 7:05 PM, Jason White via groups.io wrote:
I would suggest installing the BrailleExtender add-on, then reading its help to discover the braille display keys that you need to use for your particular purposes.

Is there anyway to make the function keys like space+n and space+t work with NVDA. When I press space+n to go the NVDA menu on the orbit reader 40, there is no responce.

Sarah k Alawami

I know that someone on the orbit list compiled a list of easy to find manuals and driver updates that are not so confusing. I actually need to access that site myself shortly. If I can find the link I'll post it here.

You need to read the manual Orbit Research has. I'm sure its located on their site. I'm sure their commands specificly for NVDA. I have an Orbit Writer. I don't know if the commands for the reader and writer are the same or not.

On 12/27/2021 7:05 PM, Jason White via groups.io wrote:
I would suggest installing the BrailleExtender add-on, then reading its help to discover the braille display keys that you need to use for your particular purposes.

Is there anyway to make the function keys like space+n and space+t work with NVDA. When I press space+n to go the NVDA menu on the orbit reader 40, there is no responce.

Mani Iyer

Hello Lino,
I use the Orbit Writer with my iPhone. As someone new to NVDA can you tell me if you can use the Orbit Writer with a Windows laptop without having to resort to the laptop keyboard for any reason ?
Thanks.

Warmly,
Mani