Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 5:35 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA: INSTALLING CLIPSPEAK

Hello Group

I am struggling to download, and install, the latest version of Clipspeak.

I think that I’m just stupid, so, could anybody maybe assist me with regards to my problem?

Regards

There is a version that works.  I don’t know if it is on the NVDA add-ons site.  I have it and I’ll make it available if necessary.  But if you want that add-on, it is available and someone will probably provide the download link that already exists.

Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA: INSTALLING CLIPSPEAK

I looked the other day and there was no latest version that will work with the latest NVDA.
You need the NVDA-global addon.
I am struggling to download, and install, the latest version of Clipspeak.

I think that I’m just stupid, so, could anybody maybe assist me with regards to my problem?

Regards

The latest version appears not to be on the official NVDA site.  But I know there is a later compatible version.  I’m using it.  If someone doesn’t provide the link, I’ll upload it and send a link.

Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 7:58 AM

I looked the other day and there was no latest version that will work with the latest NVDA.
You need the NVDA-global addon.
I am struggling to download, and install, the latest version of Clipspeak.

I think that I’m just stupid, so, could anybody maybe assist me with regards to my problem?

Regards

Sarah k Alawami

Well, , what are you trying to do? Step by steps would help. For example did you hit enter on the add on after dl,  say yes, then restart nvda? Did you stand on your head and do 500 cartwheels? Ok, maybe not that. JK.

I am struggling to download, and install, the latest version of Clipspeak.

I think that I’m just stupid, so, could anybody maybe assist me with regards to my problem?

Regards

Clipspeak in its official version (1.1 Stable) is compatible only up through NVDA 2019.3.  Unless this add-on's developer maintains it, or a new person takes it over, the time is rapidly coming when "just a manifest tweak" isn't going to save it.

See this message on the archive, https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/89365, for a workaround version.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Christo Vorster

Hi

Up to now, I received no link. If you could please provide me with one, I’d appreciate it.

If you want, you can send it to my personal email, cvklaviere@....

Thank you very much.

Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 7:58 AM

I looked the other day and there was no latest version that will work with the latest NVDA.

You need the NVDA-global addon.

I am struggling to download, and install, the latest version of Clipspeak.

I think that I’m just stupid, so, could anybody maybe assist me with regards to my problem?

Regards

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cva4r01z2v0xt3k/clipspeak2021.1_compatible_and_translations_possible.nvda-addon?dl=1

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 7:58 AM

I looked the other day and there was no latest version that will work with the latest NVDA.

You need the NVDA-global addon.

I am struggling to download, and install, the latest version of Clipspeak.

I think that I’m just stupid, so, could anybody maybe assist me with regards to my problem?

Regards

Christo Vorster

Hi

Thank you very much. I downloaded and installed it.

RegardsChristo Vorster (Worcester, South Africa)

Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 7:58 AM