Apology to list members

Don H

I want to apologize to the list for breaking the list rules. My continuing recovery from Covid has messed up my judgement.

You have my sincerest wishes for a speedy and full recovery.  My brother had it early on, and he said, "You really don't want to get Covid!"

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Armando L. Vias

I hope that you have a speedy recovery as well. I also have it, but hopefully it will get better sometime this week.

Armando L. Vias
Main Telephone: (830) 542-2220
Email: armando@...
Website: https://armandovias.com

On Jan 16, 2022, at 7:26 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

You have my sincerest wishes for a speedy and full recovery.  My brother had it early on, and he said, "You really don't want to get Covid!"

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi,

I also hope and pray you have a speedy recovery. My brother-in-law has it now.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows

I hope that you have a speedy recovery as well. I also have it, but hopefully it will get better sometime this week.

Armando L. Vias

Main Telephone: (830) 542-2220

Email: armando@...

Website: https://armandovias.com

On Jan 16, 2022, at 7:26 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

You have my sincerest wishes for a speedy and full recovery.  My brother had it early on, and he said, "You really don't want to get Covid!"

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Yeah, one of my cousins that works on private boats as a contracter in
europe has omicron.
She and just about everyone has now lost their job because they got covid.
They have to work till they get replacements.
But with our isolation centres the way they are right now with space
issues and the fact if you are sick and all the restrictions she is
stuck out there, with no cash, and because of no job no visa either.
Technically the company who hired the people is supposed to get them
home but who knows if they actually will honor this.
She has her own issues with people to, but was in a bad patch last
year having been robbed while away and losing most everything.
No work, means no cash though and no cash means no anything.
Family are trying to send cash but money laundering and such well its a problem.
Touch wood I have not got sick though being an alergy sufferer there
is always the case I may have covid daily because I can sneeze any
time without medication and even with.
So yeah, its going about on a continuous level.
So all we can do is get the best protection we can and hold on to our
hats for dear life.

On 17/01/2022, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
Hi,

I also hope and pray you have a speedy recovery. My brother-in-law has it
now.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows

I hope that you have a speedy recovery as well. I also have it, but
hopefully it will get better sometime this week.

Armando L. Vias

Main Telephone: (830) 542-2220

Email: armando@...

Website: https://armandovias.com

On Jan 16, 2022, at 7:26 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

You have my sincerest wishes for a speedy and full recovery.  My brother
had it early on, and he said, "You really don't want to get Covid!"

The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting for
common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what these
ideals are.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Sharad Koirala

Hi,

I wish for your speedy recovery.
the best thing to do apart from the regular medical support during
COVID and post-COVID is to keep your confidence and think positively.

hopefully all having covid and post-covid symptoms will recover completely.

sincerely,

--
Dr. Sharad Koirala
Lecturer

John Altmeyer

Classy post.

On 01/16/2022 7:17 PM, Don H wrote:
I want to apologize to the list for breaking the list rules.  My continuing recovery from Covid has messed up my judgement.

Gene

I wish you the best in your recovery as well as all of us who have had or will have covid.

I appreciate your candor.

Gene

On 1/16/2022 6:17 PM, Don H wrote:
I want to apologize to the list for breaking the list rules.  My continuing recovery from Covid has messed up my judgement.

Chris Smart

Darn, I missed the original post which prompted this apology.
Anyway, classy indeed, and hope you are on the mend.

I want to apologize to the list for breaking the list rules. My
continuing recovery from Covid has messed up my judgement.

Luke Robinett

I have no idea what behaviors you are referring to LOL but I do hope you recover soon. Seems like almost everybody I know is getting Covid lately. Take care.

On Jan 16, 2022, at 4:20 PM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

I want to apologize to the list for breaking the list rules. My continuing recovery from Covid has messed up my judgement.

Mani Iyer

My sister in India is currently going through it and because she has an intellectual disability she doesn’t know she has it. Sigh…

Mani

On Jan 16, 2022, at 8:59 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

[...]

Must be nice not knowing you have it though.

I have managed to avoid it though with omicron round the corner, and several festivals on the horizon, even though our alert system allows it I am going to have to seriously concidder going to any of them when that happens.

I don't want to be stuck in the middle.

And whats worse is that at least locally you know what happens if you get it.

Its got a huge guilt spring attached to it which I don't like at all.

You and your friends isolate or go to a government place to do that.

You will cause your country or town to lock down.

You will be hated online.

Of course you could just not tell and still be damned to burn in hell.

Not sure what is worse.

Coming out sounds like a really bad idea, so avoiding getting it even if you need to stay out of it as much as you can is best.

Hopefully we can get rid of masks soon, because right now going out to say a shop is not for leasure, I need a purpose, or to think to go out.

Thats not something I like to think of doing especially since in place of travel, shopping malls are my escape from life.

Being about home is fine, but I spend at least 50% of my time in front of a desk without actually doing anything on social media.

I'd hate to know how much time people spend with all that up and a smartphone to boot because I don't even have this and I still spend time unless of course I am working.

On 18/01/2022 6:47 am, Mani Iyer via groups.io wrote:
[...]

To the Membership:

I left this topic open because I wanted those who wished to extend their well-wishes to Don to be able to do so.  And I am still allowing it to remain open for that purpose.

The above being said, I do not want this to spiral into a "Covid Debate" and/or "Covid Politics" topic.  Let's not go there.  If it does continue to look like it's taking that turn I will lock the topic.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Louise Pfau

Hi.  I hope you feel better soon.

Louise

Kevin Cussick

some get it bad I did but over it now and doing fine look after your selves all.

On 17/01/2022 00:25, Brian Vogel wrote:
You have my sincerest wishes for a speedy and full recovery.  My brother had it early on, and he said, "You really don't want to get Covid!"
*/The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what these ideals are./*
*/       ~/*Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Kevin,

I’m glad you’re over that Covid now. My sister and brother-in-law both have it now.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows

some get it bad I did but over it now and doing fine look after your

selves all.

On 17/01/2022 00:25, Brian Vogel wrote:

> You have my sincerest wishes for a speedy and full recovery.  My brother

> had it early on, and he said, "You really don't want to get Covid!"

> --

> Brian -Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

> */The instinctive need to be the member of a closely-knit group fighting

> for common ideals may grow so strong that it becomes inessential what

> these ideals are./*

> */       ~/*Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Luke Robinett

Folks, don’t ever think this Brian guy doesn’t have a big heart just because he’s tough as nails LOL. He’s a good guy. Thank you Brian for giving people the space to show support and well wishes. Cheers, all

On Jan 17, 2022, at 10:22 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

To the Membership:

I left this topic open because I wanted those who wished to extend their well-wishes to Don to be able to do so.  And I am still allowing it to remain open for that purpose.

The above being said, I do not want this to spiral into a "Covid Debate" and/or "Covid Politics" topic.  Let's not go there.  If it does continue to look like it's taking that turn I will lock the topic.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Rosemarie Chavarria

Yes, Brian does have a big heart and he’s very helpful. I think he’s a real asset to our list.

Sent from Mail for Windows