Audio Ducking

Steven Hicks

Can anyone tell me where I can find it in NVDA please?

Had a look through the settings and no luck.

Quentin Christensen

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 8:18 PM Steven Hicks <hickser@...> wrote:

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

It will not show if you are using a portable version of nvda it only shows on the installer version.

It is found under the synthesizer settings by pressing ctrl + nvda key + letter S then tab down to audio ducking mode.

Only in the installer version.

Shortcut key is if using the installer version to change ducking modes is nvda key + shift key + the letter D

Gene nz

On 1/02/2022 10:18 pm, Steven Hicks wrote:

Gene

A Google search for audio ducking NVDA showed a result for a thread from this list that gave the answer.  I found it in perhaps five minutes, looking at two results, not hours of waiting after asking the question.

The command is NVDA shift d.

Gene

2/1/2022 3:18 AM, Steven Hicks wrote:

Gene

Also, my message isn't meant to imply that you didn't look for the setting.  I see that you looked through settings, a method I often find faster and more convenient than looking in other ways.  But I'm pointing out that looking in other ways, whether you prefer to do so before or after looking in the program, may often save you some time and allow you to do what you want to do more conveniently or faster. 

Gene

On 2/1/2022 7:24 AM, Gene wrote:

A Google search for audio ducking NVDA showed a result for a thread from this list that gave the answer.  I found it in perhaps five minutes, looking at two results, not hours of waiting after asking the question.

Gene

Chris Smart

NVDA+CONTROL+S

Chris Smart

Like opening the manual and doing a Text Find or using Google?

Why do that when we can post here, and then get a dozen identical replies over two days? LOL

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: February 1, 2022 9:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Audio Ducking

Also, my message isn't meant to imply that you didn't look for the setting.  I see that you looked through settings, a method I often find faster and more convenient than looking in other ways.  But I'm pointing out that looking in other ways, whether you prefer to do so before or after looking in the program, may often save you some time and allow you to do what you want to do more conveniently or faster. 

Gene

On 2/1/2022 7:24 AM, Gene wrote:

Gene

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

When pressing nvda key and shift and d to set the auto ducking, I have a question.  When you land on the one of the three you want, do you need to press any other key or just get out some other way?  Thanks

Marilyn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 2:42 AM

Hi

It will not show if you are using a portable version of nvda it only shows on the installer version.

It is found under the synthesizer settings by pressing ctrl + nvda key + letter S then tab down to audio ducking mode.

Shortcut key is if using the installer version to change ducking modes is nvda key + shift key + the letter D

Gene nz

Chris Smart

Try Enter, after you make your selection.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn and Don Bilderback
Sent: February 2, 2022 10:12 PM

When pressing nvda key and shift and d to set the auto ducking, I have a question.  When you land on the one of the three you want, do you need to press any other key or just get out some other way?  Thanks

Marilyn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Gene nz

Steven Hicks

Brilliant, thanks very much indeed!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 01 February 2022 09:20

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 8:18 PM Steven Hicks <hickser@...> wrote:

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Steven Hicks

Thanks, that is useful to know about the full install and portable version.

Sent: 01 February 2022 09:42

Hi

Gene nz

Chris Mullins

You just have to keep pressing the command until you hear the setting you want to use, then just leave it.  Each press of the command sets a different setting, rotating around the available settings.

Cheers

Chris  

Sent from m Mail for Windows

Sent: 03 February 2022 03:12

Marilyn

Hi

Gene nz