Code Factory NVDA Eloquence Add-on

Richard Wells

I decided to try this add-on, but got this when I installed it and
pressed the try button: There was a problem activating your license.
Make sure you
have a working Internet connection. If they have this much trouble with
Internet connections, maybe I shouldn't try it.

Gene

I had the same problem but I thought it might be a problem with my router.  It may be.  Perhaps its the same problem I have that makes GMail think I am offline when I use it in standard view. Information may not be sent to the web page that it uses to know I am online.  All this is speculation but its interesting that I have both problems.

Gene

On 2/3/2022 1:10 PM, Richard Wells wrote:
I decided to try this add-on, but got this when I installed it and
pressed the try button: There was a problem activating your license.
Make sure you
have a working Internet connection. If they have this much trouble with
Internet connections, maybe I shouldn't try it.

Abbie Taylor

Richard, is this the add-on from AT Guys? If so, you might contact them. They're pretty good about responding. I actually purchased the Vocalizer/Eloquence add-on from them, and it works pretty well. Since I've experienced these voices on other devices, I knew what they were like and didn't need to try them first. I hope that helps.

Richard Wells

Abbie: I have contacted A. T. Guys and they referred me to Code Factory. I have filled out their support ticket form and am awaiting a response. If you are open to it, I would like to talk to you about specific concerns if I am unable to try it before purchase. Thanks

On 2/4/2022 5:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Richard, is this the add-on from AT Guys? If so, you might contact them. They're pretty good about responding. I actually purchased the Vocalizer/Eloquence add-on from them, and it works pretty well. Since I've experienced these voices on other devices, I knew what they were like and didn't need to try them first. I hope that helps.

Don H

I have contacted code factory in the past with questions and they have always replied stating it wasn't their problem but that of the screen reader.

On 2/4/2022 6:16 PM, Richard Wells wrote:
Abbie: I have contacted A. T. Guys and they referred me to Code Factory. I have filled out their support ticket form and am awaiting a response. If you are open to it, I would like to talk to you about specific concerns if I am unable to try it before purchase. Thanks
On 2/4/2022 5:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Richard, is this the add-on from AT Guys? If so, you might contact them. They're pretty good about responding. I actually purchased the Vocalizer/Eloquence add-on from them, and it works pretty well. Since I've experienced these voices on other devices, I knew what they were like and didn't need to try them first. I hope that helps.

so happy I got their sapi voices.

On 5/02/2022 1:19 pm, Don H wrote:
[...]

You may have told us earlier, but why do you think you might not be able to try it?

Gene

On 2/4/2022 6:16 PM, Richard Wells wrote:

Abbie: I have contacted A. T. Guys and they referred me to Code Factory. I have filled out their support ticket form and am awaiting a response. If you are open to it, I would like to talk to you about specific concerns if I am unable to try it before purchase. Thanks

On 2/4/2022 5:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Richard, is this the add-on from AT Guys? If so, you might contact them. They're pretty good about responding. I actually purchased the Vocalizer/Eloquence add-on from them, and it works pretty well. Since I've experienced these voices on other devices, I knew what they were like and didn't need to try them first. I hope that helps.

Richard Wells

When I press the try button, the Code Factory NVDA add-on tells me that I don't have an Internet connection. At this point, I have to kill it in task manager.

On 2/4/2022 6:30 PM, Gene wrote:

You may have told us earlier, but why do you think you might not be able to try it?

Gene

On 2/4/2022 6:16 PM, Richard Wells wrote:

Abbie: I have contacted A. T. Guys and they referred me to Code Factory. I have filled out their support ticket form and am awaiting a response. If you are open to it, I would like to talk to you about specific concerns if I am unable to try it before purchase. Thanks

On 2/4/2022 5:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Richard, is this the add-on from AT Guys? If so, you might contact them. They're pretty good about responding. I actually purchased the Vocalizer/Eloquence add-on from them, and it works pretty well. Since I've experienced these voices on other devices, I knew what they were like and didn't need to try them first. I hope that helps.

Chris Smart

You know, it’s things like this which drive people to the version we’re not supposed to talk about or use.

On 2/4/2022 6:30 PM, Gene wrote:

You may have told us earlier, but why do you think you might not be able to try it?

Gene

On 2/4/2022 6:16 PM, Richard Wells wrote:

Abbie: I have contacted A. T. Guys and they referred me to Code Factory. I have filled out their support ticket form and am awaiting a response. If you are open to it, I would like to talk to you about specific concerns if I am unable to try it before purchase. Thanks

On 2/4/2022 5:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:

Richard, is this the add-on from AT Guys? If so, you might contact them. They're pretty good about responding. I actually purchased the Vocalizer/Eloquence add-on from them, and it works pretty well. Since I've experienced these voices on other devices, I knew what they were like and didn't need to try them first. I hope that helps.

Gene

That may be the result of a router problem.  I'm not sure how you would have it checked.  Do you have settings you have changed in your router and perhaps a different password than the default?  You could try resetting, not just rebooting the router but if you do, any changes you have made will be lost.

But if you want to use the voices, the problem must be resolved.  It isn't just the demo license that requires verification from Code factory, the full version does as well.  If you can't use the demo, you won't be able to use the full version either.

Gene

On 2/4/2022 6:30 PM, Gene wrote:

You may have told us earlier, but why do you think you might not be able to try it?

Gene

On 2/4/2022 6:16 PM, Richard Wells wrote:

Abbie: I have contacted A. T. Guys and they referred me to Code Factory. I have filled out their support ticket form and am awaiting a response. If you are open to it, I would like to talk to you about specific concerns if I am unable to try it before purchase. Thanks

On 2/4/2022 5:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
Richard, is this the add-on from AT Guys? If so, you might contact them. They're pretty good about responding. I actually purchased the Vocalizer/Eloquence add-on from them, and it works pretty well. Since I've experienced these voices on other devices, I knew what they were like and didn't need to try them first. I hope that helps.

Gene

While the server goes down now and then, and I think code factory uses a bad authorization system, this problem isn't the fault of the system.  I have the same problem and I also can't use the JAWS voice assistant.  Both these utilities send error messages indicating that I may have an Internet connection problem.  My guess is that a setting was changed in my router by an update as a bug.  If I reset the router, the problem may disappear.  I may try it.  My guess is that currently, a port is blocked.

Gene

On 2/4/2022 6:30 PM, Gene wrote:

You may have told us earlier, but why do you think you might not be able to try it?

Gene

On 2/4/2022 6:16 PM, Richard Wells wrote:

Abbie: I have contacted A. T. Guys and they referred me to Code Factory. I have filled out their support ticket form and am awaiting a response. If you are open to it, I would like to talk to you about specific concerns if I am unable to try it before purchase. Thanks

On 2/4/2022 5:40 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:

Richard, is this the add-on from AT Guys? If so, you might contact them. They're pretty good about responding. I actually purchased the Vocalizer/Eloquence add-on from them, and it works pretty well. Since I've experienced these voices on other devices, I knew what they were like and didn't need to try them first. I hope that helps.

Gene

This is a follow-up to a message I sent about using a Code Factory demo about a month ago and about purchasing the voices.

At that time, I had tried activating the demo over two or three days with no success.  I tried again yesterday and I was successful.  In the below message, I said I thought it might be a router problem but since I was able to activate the demo, it either wasn't, or if there was a Code  Factory problem, it has been resolved.  Whatever the case, the person who wanted to try the demo may find that they can now.  And if you can, you can activate a purchased product as well.

Gene