FireFox 58 And Screen Readers

inamuddinInam Uddin

Respected friends, as you are well aware that Mozilla has updated its browser FF58 on January 23rd 2018 as it promised!

I’m very much delighted to let you know that NVDA is well a head of all screen reader regarding the use of FF58.

The matter of fact is that I have JAWS 18.4530, JAWS 2018.1712.54, narrator and NVDA 2017.4.

I have tested FF58 with all of them and I found out that Fire Fox 58 is working the best with NVDA 2017.4.

I really couldn’t understand that even then Freedomscientific/VFO is charging hundreds and thousands of US Dollars from visually challenged people  and from different agencies which are helping visually challenged people, why they haven’t come up with JAWS update before releasing of Fire Fox 58!

This fundamental question is enough to convince those people and agencies which are giving hundreds and thousands of Dollars to Freedomscientific/VFo, should donate a hand some amount of money to NVAccess as well so it can work for the betterment of visually challenged people better than before!

In short all I can say is “East and west, NVDA is the best”

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

Arguing with a woman is reading software license agreement.
At the end, you have to ignore everything and clic I agree.
You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

That may be hard to do.

My aunt worked for a clothing place that had its own software, they decided to get sap, because all major companies had it.

It was harder to use, and had a lot of issues due to the complexity of the program and so they went back but at cost.

They had spent lots on the program and well while they went back it was only because it didn't suit it still took a couple years before that happened.

Now jaws, its been round for a while and just like windows just about everyone is using it or has used it or will use it.

Even if jaws was the most crappy insecure virus prone and privacy killing software no one would bother giving it up.

They have spent to much cash.

Its why while I'd like to doodle with linux I would never give up windows.

Sure I have issues and think that parts of it could be better, but even if it were crap I would still use it, buy it, etc because everyone basically uses it.

Games and a lot of things I use are run on it, its like giving up my (incert accessibility aid) its not happening.

Jaws is lagging, but giving up, it will never happen all the agencies love jaws.

Jaws is the best everything else is total crap no one cares.

But what if they do, have you or I in fact do we as users realise how much inercia has built up with this thing.

Even if nvda could do everything jaws can and more even if we all switched, it wouldn't happen over night.

Now I have seen a few smaller outfits change but no big company or government is going to switch from vfo and their crazy schemes and they know this, people have spent to much to switch, they can't switch easily and so they won't unless for some reason jaws does something so bad it will have to be dumped.

There are still users trying to get windoweyes support.

THe funding in jobs here will include jaws and when I work I will be using ujaws for it probably.

Its the way it is.

On 25/01/2018 2:35 p.m., inamuddinInam Uddin via Groups.Io wrote:
Respected friends, as you are well aware that Mozilla has updated its browser FF58 on January 23rd 2018 as it promised!
I’m very much delighted to let you know that NVDA is well a head of all screen reader regarding the use of FF58.
The matter of fact is that I have JAWS 18.4530, JAWS 2018.1712.54, narrator and NVDA 2017.4.
I have tested FF58 with all of them and I found out that Fire Fox 58 is working the best with NVDA 2017.4.
I really couldn’t understand that even then Freedomscientific/VFO is charging hundreds and thousands of US Dollars from visually challenged people and from different agencies which are helping visually challenged people, why they haven’t come up with JAWS update before releasing of Fire Fox 58!
This fundamental question is enough to convince those people and agencies which are giving hundreds and thousands of Dollars to Freedomscientific/VFo, should donate a hand some amount of money to NVAccess as well so it can work for the betterment of visually challenged people better than before!
Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@gmail.com
Inamuddin.ronaque@gmail.com
outlook:
inam092@outlook.com
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@yahoo.ca
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

David Moore

Same with me!

I am using NVDA latest master development snapshot,

And it works really well with Firefox 58. I am accessing so many programs, apps, and browsers with NVDA verses JAWS. JAWS is getting way behind. NVDA works much better in Edge, for example. I really want to show my gratitude for all you do.

I just tried the News app with JAWS 2018 and NVDA, and NVDA works much better. I am using NVDA more and more to do just what I want to do.

Also, NVDA lets me know, in the mail app, as I type, when I made a spelling mistake. I can just press Shift+F10 to correct it.

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] FireFox 58 And Screen Readers

I really couldn’t understand that even then Freedomscientific/VFO is charging hundreds and thousands of US Dollars from visually challenged people  and from different agencies which are helping visually challenged people, why they haven’t come up with JAWS update before releasing of Fire Fox 58!

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

To be honest I think this is because, in my view Mozilla jumped the gun on releasing the new browser code. It was probably serendipity that during this time Jamie was getting a job with them and could help shall we say cross pollinate fixes for nvda. if the other screenreader makers were caught out as it seems then they have some catching up to do. I honestly do feel that somebody at Mozilla should fall on their sword for the messy way they introduced the new version. It should have been a completely different project with a new name and the esr should have been mentioned much sooner as the continuation of the old code. What has now happened is that corporate have started to use the new firefox, securing the thing to the enth degree, shutting out lots of blind people and increasingly finding even sighted people have problems with it and hence its doing Firefoxs reputation no good at all, which is sad, as one mistake does not really mean a bad product will be the result.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "inamuddinInam Uddin via Groups.Io" <charlsdarwin1=aol.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 1:35 AM

I really couldn’t understand that even then Freedomscientific/VFO is charging hundreds and thousands of US Dollars from visually challenged people and from different agencies which are helping visually challenged people, why they haven’t come up with JAWS update before releasing of Fire Fox 58!
Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@gmail.com
Inamuddin.ronaque@gmail.com
outlook:
inam092@outlook.com
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@yahoo.ca
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Pascal Lambert

Hi All,

Till two days ago, I was very frustrated with Firefox.  Wow, FF58 solved all of them and today I am surfing beautifully with Firefox like never before.  I made it again my default.

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] FireFox 58 And Screen Readers

Same with me!

And it works really well with Firefox 58. I am accessing so many programs, apps, and browsers with NVDA verses JAWS. JAWS is getting way behind. NVDA works much better in Edge, for example. I really want to show my gratitude for all you do.

I just tried the News app with JAWS 2018 and NVDA, and NVDA works much better. I am using NVDA more and more to do just what I want to do.

Also, NVDA lets me know, in the mail app, as I type, when I made a spelling mistake. I can just press Shift+F10 to correct it.

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Pascal,

I'm really amazed at how fast FF 58 is. I'm thinking of making it my default browser too.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pascal Lambert
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 6:31 AM

Hi All,

Till two days ago, I was very frustrated with Firefox.  Wow, FF58 solved all of them and today I am surfing beautifully with Firefox like never before.  I made it again my default.

Blessings

Pascal

Same with me!

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Craig

Hi.

I have been very happy with it. FF has been my browser for a while and I haven’t experienced hardly any issues with the lsat version.

Cheers

c

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Friday, 26 January 2018 10:36 AM

Hi, Pascal,

I'm really amazed at how fast FF 58 is. I'm thinking of making it my default browser too.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pascal Lambert

Hi All,

Blessings

Pascal

Same with me!

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

Casey <cwollner@...>

hi where can you get the latest Firefox 58 from?

On 1/25/2018 6:05 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Pascal,

Rosemarie

Hi All,

Blessings

Pascal

Same with me!

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

-- 

Casey

Sarah k Alawami

I assume it will just update? I think that's hwat it did to me, I have not actually checked my version since I hosed and reinstalled my windows 2 weeks ago.

On Jan 25, 2018, at 6:20 PM, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:

Hi, Pascal,

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pascal Lambert
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 6:31 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] FireFox 58 And Screen Readers

Hi All,
Blessings
Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] FireFox 58 And Screen Readers

Same with me!
That is beautiful.
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:35 PM
Subject: [nvda] FireFox 58 And Screen Readers

Respected friends, as you are well aware that Mozilla has updated its browser FF58 on January 23rd 2018 as it promised!
Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

-- 

Casey

John Isige

You can make it update by going into help/about and waiting a bit, a
button will come up about updating. This assumes you're running 57 of
course.

On 1/25/2018 20:20, Casey wrote:

Hi, Pascal,

I'm really amazed at how fast FF 58 is. I'm thinking of making it my
default browser too.

Rosemarie

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf
Of *Pascal Lambert
*Sent:* Thursday, January 25, 2018 6:31 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] FireFox 58 And Screen Readers

Hi All,

Till two days ago, I was very frustrated with Firefox.  Wow, FF58
solved all of them and today I am surfing beautifully with Firefox
like never before.  I made it again my default.

Blessings

Pascal

[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *David Moore
*Sent:* Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:14 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Same with me!

And it works really well with Firefox 58. I am accessing so many
programs, apps, and browsers with NVDA verses JAWS. JAWS is getting
way behind. NVDA works much better in Edge, for example. I really
want to show my gratitude for all you do.

I just tried the News app with JAWS 2018 and NVDA, and NVDA works
much better. I am using NVDA more and more to do just what I want to do.

Also, NVDA lets me know, in the mail app, as I type, when I made a
spelling mistake. I can just press Shift+F10 to correct it.

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
Windows 10

<mailto:charlsdarwin1=aol.com@groups.io>
*Sent: *Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:35 PM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *[nvda] FireFox 58 And Screen Readers

Respected friends, as you are well aware that Mozilla has updated its
browser FF58 on January 23^rd 2018 as it promised!

I’m very much delighted to let you know that NVDA is well a head of
all screen reader regarding the use of FF58.

The matter of fact is that I have JAWS 18.4530, JAWS 2018.1712.54,
narrator and NVDA 2017.4.

I have tested FF58 with all of them and I found out that Fire Fox 58
is working the best with NVDA 2017.4.

I really couldn’t understand that even then Freedomscientific/VFO is
charging hundreds and thousands of US Dollars from visually
challenged people  and from different agencies which are helping
visually challenged people, why they haven’t come up with JAWS update
before releasing of Fire Fox 58!

This fundamental question is enough to convince those people and
agencies which are giving hundreds and thousands of Dollars to
Freedomscientific/VFo, should donate a hand some amount of money to
NVAccess as well so it can work for the betterment of visually
challenged people better than before!

Charlsdarwin1

inamuddin09@gmail.com <mailto:inamuddin09@gmail.com>
Inamuddin.ronaque@gmail.com <mailto:Inamuddin.ronaque@gmail.com>
outlook:
inam092@outlook.com <mailto:inam092@outlook.com>
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@yahoo.ca <mailto:inamuddin2010@yahoo.ca>
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786 <http://www.facebook.com/inamuddin786>
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1 <http://www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1>
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409
--

Casey

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi know i am running 52 but then how do I get version 58?

On 1/25/2018 8:59 PM, John Isige wrote:
course.

Hi, Pascal,

default browser too.

Rosemarie

Of *Pascal Lambert

Hi All,

Blessings

Pascal

Same with me!

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Windows 10

Charlsdarwin1

outlook:
yahoo:
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409
--

Casey

--

Casey

Ejaz Shah

You can download it from getfirefox.com.

On 26/01/2018 8:50 AM, Casey wrote:

course.

Hi, Pascal,

default browser too.

Rosemarie

Of *Pascal Lambert

Hi All,

Blessings

Pascal

Same with me!

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Windows 10

Charlsdarwin1

outlook:
yahoo:
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409
--

Casey

How do you find it on pages that refresh though? Also does the download dialogue speak for you?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 12:05 AM

Hi, Pascal,

Rosemarie

Hi All,

Till two days ago, I was very frustrated with Firefox. Wow, FF58 solved all of them and today I am surfing beautifully with Firefox like never before. I made it again my default.

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io> [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Same with me!

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

From: inamuddinInam Uddin via Groups.Io <mailto:charlsdarwin1=aol.com@groups.io>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Charlsdarwin1

outlook:
yahoo:
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

It seems to be the default one on release since 23rd of this month.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 2:20 AM

Hi, Pascal,

default browser too.

Rosemarie

*From:* nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*Pascal Lambert

Hi All,

Till two days ago, I was very frustrated with Firefox. Wow, FF58
like never before. I made it again my default.

Blessings

Pascal

Same with me!

way behind. NVDA works much better in Edge, for example. I really want
to show my gratitude for all you do.

I just tried the News app with JAWS 2018 and NVDA, and NVDA works much
better. I am using NVDA more and more to do just what I want to do.

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Windows 10

charging hundreds and thousands of US Dollars from visually challenged
people and from different agencies which are helping visually
challenged people, why they haven’t come up with JAWS update before
releasing of Fire Fox 58!

Charlsdarwin1

outlook:
yahoo:
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

--

Casey

You can most certainly get it on filehippo.com.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, January 26, 2018 3:50 AM

course.

Hi, Pascal,

default browser too.

Rosemarie

Of *Pascal Lambert

Hi All,

Till two days ago, I was very frustrated with Firefox. Wow, FF58
like never before. I made it again my default.

Blessings

Pascal

Same with me!

That is beautiful.

David Moore

Windows 10

challenged people and from different agencies which are helping

Charlsdarwin1

outlook:
yahoo:
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409
--

Casey

--

Casey

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

HI.

Am I correct in thinking Webvism will be completely useless with Firefox 58? Not that I'm getting much use of it right now with FF 52 ESR. In fact, it doesn't appear to really do anything, least of all solve capshas. :)

Dennis L

Yes you are

Sent from my Android phone using Aqua Mail

On January 26, 2018 12:14:57 PM "JM Casey" <crystallogic@...> wrote:

HI.

Am I correct in thinking Webvism will be completely useless with Firefox 58? Not that I'm getting much use of it right now with FF 52 ESR. In fact, it doesn't appear to really do anything, least of all solve capshas. :)

Ok, cheers. Well, good riddence.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis L
Sent: January 26, 2018 12:26 PM

Yes you are

On January 26, 2018 12:14:57 PM "JM Casey" <crystallogic@...> wrote:

HI.

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

If Webvisum is no longer an option, what other choices exist for solving Captias?

On 1/26/2018 12:41 PM, JM Casey wrote:
Ok, cheers. Well, good riddence.
*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Dennis L
*Sent:* January 26, 2018 12:26 PM
Yes you are
On January 26, 2018 12:14:57 PM "JM Casey" <crystallogic@ca.inter.net <mailto:crystallogic@ca.inter.net>> wrote:
HI.
Am I correct in thinking Webvism will be completely useless with
Firefox 58? Not that I'm getting much use of it right now with FF 52
ESR. In fact, it doesn't appear to really do anything, least of all
solve capshas. :)

I don't know. Some people apparently use an app on their phones with an
actual person on the other end. Seems excessive to me. The audio ones really
do seem to be getting better. I was pleasantly surprised when I signed up to
ImDB the other week.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of bob