problem with echo wile typing in a specific program

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi all.

First of all, my name is Daniel and i am new to the group. I am from Hamburg in germany.

But now to my problem.

I must have done something, i can not reproduce. The problem is, that i am getting an echo of every letter or number i am entering but only in one program. All other programs are not affected. I went through different settings but could not solve the issue.

Can anyone help?

Regards

daniel

It sounds to me like you've accidentally created a configuration profile for that application.  Hit NVDA + N, H, U to bring up the User Guide and take a look at the section on configuration profiles.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Constantly insisting on “my rights” with no consideration of “my responsibilities” isn’t “freedom” — it’s adolescence.
     ~ Commenter, Evangelos, in comments for
         America 2022: Where Everyone Has Rights and No One Has Responsibilities,
        New York Times, February 8, 2022

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi,

i checked everything. i even made a reset of NVDA and checked the folders, if there are any profiles. But nothing. And the problem is still there. But as i said, only in that program. I really don't know why.

Regards

Daniel

Am 20.02.2022 um 13:43 schrieb Brian Vogel:

It sounds to me like you've accidentally created a configuration profile for that application.  Hit NVDA + N, H, U to bring up the User Guide and take a look at the section on configuration profiles.
--

Constantly insisting on “my rights” with no consideration of “my responsibilities” isn’t “freedom” — it’s adolescence.

Rui Fontes

Wich program?

It can be a program problem and not a NVDA problem...

Rui Fontes

Às 15:02 de 20/02/2022, Daniel Sommerfeld escreveu:

Hi,

i checked everything. i even made a reset of NVDA and checked the folders, if there are any profiles. But nothing. And the problem is still there. But as i said, only in that program. I really don't know why.

Regards

Daniel

--

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi Rui.

It is the flight simulator Eurofly. I am having this program for about 3 weeks now and until yesterday everything worked just fine. I really don't know, what should be different now. There was no update or anything like that.

Regards

Daniel

Am 20.02.2022 um 16:40 schrieb Rui Fontes:

Wich program?

Rui Fontes

Hi,

Regards

Daniel

--

anthony borg

Hi Rui

I recently had to change my laptop harddrive and unfortunately I lost all the add-ons I had, I tried to recover them again from the add-ons website but not all of them are there.

Can you please send me those that you have created?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: 20 February 2022 15:41
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with echo wile typing in a specific program

Wich program?

Rui Fontes

Hi,

Regards

Daniel

--

Rui Fontes

In that program, if you press NVDA+2, what you hear?

Rui Fontes

Às 16:51 de 20/02/2022, Daniel Sommerfeld escreveu:

Hi Rui.

It is the flight simulator Eurofly. I am having this program for about 3 weeks now and until yesterday everything worked just fine. I really don't know, what should be different now. There was no update or anything like that.

Regards

Daniel

Wich program?

Rui Fontes

Hi,

Regards

Daniel

--

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi.

Well i can toggle between keyboard echo on and off. But that was not the problem. Even when i had the echo off, the keyboard echo was still on. However, i got a solution from Rob. He told me to press f1 in an edit field and yeah, now it is wonderfully silent.

Am 22.02.2022 um 17:11 schrieb Rui Fontes:

Rui Fontes

Hi Rui.

Regards

Daniel

Wich program?

Rui Fontes

Hi,

Regards

Daniel

--

Rui Fontes

Good! That should be a function of the program...

Rui Fontes

Às 08:09 de 23/02/2022, Daniel Sommerfeld escreveu:

Hi.

Well i can toggle between keyboard echo on and off. But that was not the problem. Even when i had the echo off, the keyboard echo was still on. However, i got a solution from Rob. He told me to press f1 in an edit field and yeah, now it is wonderfully silent.

Am 22.02.2022 um 17:11 schrieb Rui Fontes:

Rui Fontes

Hi Rui.

Regards

Daniel

Wich program?

Rui Fontes

Hi,

Regards

Daniel

--