problem with echo wile typing in a specific program

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi all.

First of all, my name is Daniel and i am new to the group. I am from Hamburg in germany.

But now to my problem.

I must have done something, i can not reproduce. The problem is, that i am getting an echo of every letter or number i am entering but only in one program. All other programs are not affected. I went through different settings but could not solve the issue.

Can anyone help?

Regards

daniel

It sounds to me like you've accidentally created a configuration profile for that application.  Hit NVDA + N, H, U to bring up the User Guide and take a look at the section on configuration profiles.

     ~ Commenter, Evangelos, in comments for
        New York Times, February 8, 2022

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi,

i checked everything. i even made a reset of NVDA and checked the folders, if there are any profiles. But nothing. And the problem is still there. But as i said, only in that program. I really don't know why.

Regards

Daniel

        New York Times, February 8, 2022

Rui Fontes

Wich program?

It can be a program problem and not a NVDA problem...

Rui Fontes

        New York Times, February 8, 2022

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi Rui.

It is the flight simulator Eurofly. I am having this program for about 3 weeks now and until yesterday everything worked just fine. I really don't know, what should be different now. There was no update or anything like that.

Regards

Daniel

        New York Times, February 8, 2022

anthony borg

Hi Rui

I recently had to change my laptop harddrive and unfortunately I lost all the add-ons I had, I tried to recover them again from the add-ons website but not all of them are there.

Can you please send me those that you have created?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

        New York Times, February 8, 2022

Daniel Sommerfeld

Hi.

Well i can toggle between keyboard echo on and off. But that was not the problem. Even when i had the echo off, the keyboard echo was still on. However, i got a solution from Rob. He told me to press f1 in an edit field and yeah, now it is wonderfully silent.

        New York Times, February 8, 2022