Zoom oddities

Bob Cavanaugh

Hi all,
Well, I'm back on the list with a question after about 15 months of
relatively trouble free use of NVDA. Actually I have two concerns
regarding Zoom:
1. When I enter a meeting, NVDA used to say "you are in the meeting
hosted by (name) with # participants." Now it says "you are in the
meeting hosted by %F with %D participants."
2. I was trying to set up a meeting to recur on the third Saturday of
the month, but couldn't figure out how to do it. A friend of mine runs
a recurring meeting on the first Saturday of the month, and she can
have the meeting dates displayed in the invitation, but when I try to
set up a recurring meeting, my meetings always come up as "this is a
recurring meeting, meet anytime." She is using JAWS. Does anyone know
if I can access the recurring meeting function within Zoom using NVDA?
Thanks,
Bob

Luke Davis

Bob Cavanaugh wrote:

1. When I enter a meeting, NVDA used to say "you are in the meeting
hosted by (name) with # participants." Now it says "you are in the
meeting hosted by %F with %D participants."
Are you using the Zoom Enhancements add-on?

If so, try running with it disabled, and see if you still get this. If you don't, then please report it to them.
Also, you didn't say what version of NVDA you're running (insert+n, h, a), or how long ago (I.E. under which earlier version of NVDA) this worked.

I do not believe this format error stems from NVDA core; the NVDA built in Zoom appModule doesn't touch that area of Zoom output.

Luke

Bob Cavanaugh

I got a new computer for Christmas, and was running the latest version
on both this one and my new one. I can't remember the version that
was, you might be able to look that up. I'm now running 2021.3.4, but
just updated to that today, so haven't been in a Zoom meeting with
that version yet. I am not running the Zoom Enhancements addon.

On 3/17/22, Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
Bob Cavanaugh wrote:

1. When I enter a meeting, NVDA used to say "you are in the meeting
hosted by (name) with # participants." Now it says "you are in the
meeting hosted by %F with %D participants."
Are you using the Zoom Enhancements add-on?

If so, try running with it disabled, and see if you still get this. If you
don't, then please report it to them.
Also, you didn't say what version of NVDA you're running (insert+n, h, a),
or
how long ago (I.E. under which earlier version of NVDA) this worked.

I do not believe this format error stems from NVDA core; the NVDA built in
Zoom
appModule doesn't touch that area of Zoom output.

Luke

Bob Cavanaugh

On second thought, I just got out of a Zoom meeting and it read as it
used to, so maybe this was already fixed in the latest NVDA version. I
still want an answer to my other question though, that's the really
frustrating one.

Bob Cavanaugh wrote:

1. When I enter a meeting, NVDA used to say "you are in the meeting
hosted by (name) with # participants." Now it says "you are in the
meeting hosted by %F with %D participants."
Are you using the Zoom Enhancements add-on?

If so, try running with it disabled, and see if you still get this. If
you
don't, then please report it to them.
Also, you didn't say what version of NVDA you're running (insert+n, h,
a),
or
how long ago (I.E. under which earlier version of NVDA) this worked.

I do not believe this format error stems from NVDA core; the NVDA built
in
Zoom
appModule doesn't touch that area of Zoom output.

Luke

Shawn

This is a new thing with the newest zoom, and I think it does it with jaws as well, but not positive.

Shawn Klein

Sent from Mail for Windows

I got a new computer for Christmas, and was running the latest version

on both this one and my new one. I can't remember the version that

was, you might be able to look that up. I'm now running 2021.3.4, but

just updated to that today, so haven't been in a Zoom meeting with

that version yet. I am not running the Zoom Enhancements addon.

On 3/17/22, Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:

> Bob Cavanaugh wrote:

>> 1. When I enter a meeting, NVDA used to say "you are in the meeting

>> hosted by (name) with # participants." Now it says "you are in the

>> meeting hosted by %F with %D participants."

> Are you using the Zoom Enhancements add-on?

> If so, try running with it disabled, and see if you still get this. If you

> don't, then please report it to them.

> Also, you didn't say what version of NVDA you're running (insert+n, h, a),

> or

> how long ago (I.E. under which earlier version of NVDA) this worked.

> I do not believe this format error stems from NVDA core; the NVDA built in

> Zoom

> appModule doesn't touch that area of Zoom output.

> Luke

Betsy Grenevitch

Luke, I just want to thank you, even though you were not writing to me, for giving the steps to what you ask the user to do. So many times we are told to do certain things on the list but not given the instructions to do them. Yes, we can look them up but you really have to know what you are looking up to find them. This was a great response.

--
Betsy Grenevitch 678-862-3876