Reading text in an image file

AKH AKH

I noteice in the NVDA settings there is something called Windows OCR. Is there a way to scan a PNG file to read the text it displays? Is there some kind of online OCR, I use Google to read text in website images?

Andrew

alexey

Quentin Christensen

That's basically exactly what NVDA will do - open the image, press NVDA+r, then read the resulting text as normal (the results will vary depending on the size, contrast, rotation and other factors, as well as how zoomed in the image is.  Press escape when done.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvda-nao.org

Thats the advanced ocr scanner.

It runs on 2019.3 and up but currently is only able to run on 21.3 however I sent them an email to ask about the future 2022 release and there is 1 other addon author I may need to email well maybe 2 but I think most of things will probably be released in time.

.