From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet Brandly
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 8:16 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Addon for Waveplayer?

Hello all,

I have to use Wave player for my transcription job and find that I am unable to read the total recording length or the recording time that has elapsed. Is there an addon for NVDA which would solve this or would NVDA’s OCR work? I’m running Windows 10 with the latest stable NVDA version. I use Wave player as part of a transcription platform called DocShuttle which is accessible itself but doesn’t contain recording information. Otherwise Wave Player is pretty usable.

Thanks,

Janet

Janet Brandly

Thanks, I can try that. I tried NVDA’s OCR and it didn’t work. I’ve also tried to find anything about recording properties under the menus and there doesn’t seem to be anything there.

Janet

Can you use object navigation to get the information you need? Consult the nvda’s quick stawrt/manual for more information and to get the key strokes for your platform.

I have to use Wave player for my transcription job and find that I am unable to read the total recording length or the recording time that has elapsed. Is there an addon for NVDA which would solve this or would NVDA’s OCR work? I’m running Windows 10 with the latest stable NVDA version. I use Wave player as part of a transcription platform called DocShuttle which is accessible itself but doesn’t contain recording information. Otherwise Wave Player is pretty usable.

Thanks,

Janet

Janet Brandly

I think I solved this issue. Once I knew that the info I needed was in the status bar I read that. Sometimes I wish people knew control names better, LOL.