SayAll not auto reading in Chrome

John Sanfilippo

I'm running Windows 11, NVDA 2021.3.5, and I don't what version of Google Chrome. For the past few days, whenever I open any page, it does not auto read, I must press NVDA plus a.

Has something changed?

John

Gene

Have you rebooted since the problem began?  If that didn't solve the problem, try the following:

Open the browse mode dialog, control NVDA key b.
Tab until you get to say all on page load or similar wording.
It is a check box.
Check it with the space bar if it is unchecked.  Then press enter.  If the check box is already checked, uncheck it, then press enter.
Then, open the browse mode dialog again, tab to the check box, check it and press enter.
See if that solves the problem.

Sometimes, if a setting in a program is lost, changing the setting, then changing it back to what it was will restore it.

Gene

On 4/3/2022 7:36 AM, John Sanfilippo wrote:
I'm running Windows 11, NVDA 2021.3.5, and I don't what version of Google Chrome. For the past few days, whenever I open any page, it does not auto read, I must press NVDA plus a.

Has something changed?

John

Steve Nutt

I can also reproduce this.