A question about Paltalk and NVDA

Pierpaolo Tieri account ufficiale

Hi everyone,

I'm Pierpaolo Tieri, I'm from Italy.

I would like to ask a thing: I know a platform called Paltalk messenger and I would like to know if is there an addon for this program.

I used with JAWS but I unistalled because I don't like anymore.

I would like to know if someone tested this application because I would like to hang out with Italian friends and to practice my English.

Thanks, Pierpaolo Tieri.

Pierpaolo,

I don't know if you're aware of it, but there exists a very active NVDA group for speakers of Italian:
nvda-it / Lista di discussione su NVDA
Lista di discussione in italiano riguardo lo screen reader NVDA, appartenente al sito www.nvda.it

My guess is that you may get a faster answer with regard to this question on that group.

Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be.

    ~ Betty Rollin

Quentin Christensen

I'm not familiar with it and can't find any information on how it works with NVDA.  Actually I found one reference on this page: http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda_road_tested_programs.html Indicating that it is "Accessible using the numeric numberpad".  At a guess, what they mean there is that when they tested it (not sure when?), you needed to use NVDA's object navigation to access at least some aspects of it.

If you are familiar with Object Navigation, you can find the keystrokes in the User Guide: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#NavigatingWithNVDA

If you have never used the review cursor or object navigation, while the user guide will give you the keystrokes, I'd strongly recommend following the topics in "Basic Training for NVDA" as they are more comprehensive as a training resource on those features: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

When the reference to paltalk went up there it was tested by people in the community.

So there would of been a person or 2 using it at that time.

Just downloaded the desk top program to my pc and set it up the app is crap now.

They might of been referring to the website? or the app might of been more accessible back then.

If the website part is accessible who ever might use it now let us know and I can reference it there and also say the app is inaccessible now.

Gene nz

On 8/04/2022 12:46 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:

[...]

I couldn't find a date on the website so had no idea how old it was.  I just had another look and realised in one or two places they refer to 2013 - eg "In the next upcoming version of NVDA 2013.2..." - parts of the page may have been updated after that, but that does indicate it is likely 9 years old...

On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 12:42 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

[...]

I tried but I don't receive answers.

Il 08/04/2022 01:02, Brian Vogel ha scritto:

Pierpaolo,

I don't know if you're aware of it, but there exists a very active NVDA group for speakers of Italian:
nvda-it / Lista di discussione su NVDA
Lista di discussione in italiano riguardo lo screen reader NVDA, appartenente al sito www.nvda.it

My guess is that you may get a faster answer with regard to this question on that group.

Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be.

    ~ Betty Rollin

Pierpaolo Tieri account ufficiale

Thanks very much.