Using the Thunderbird addon

Larry Higgins

I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

Rui Fontes

NVDA+H

Rui Fontes

Às 20:47 de 02/05/2022, Larry Higgins escreveu:

I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

Gene

Are you using the NVDA add-on?  the Thunderbird add-on, which you install in Thunderbird, not NVDA, does something else.  It allows for first letter navigation in the folders tree view.

If you are using the NVDA add-on, when you are in the message list, use NVDA key h to open the move headers dialog.

Gene

On 5/2/2022 2:47 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:
I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

.

Larry Higgins

Gene,

I was referring to the NVDA addon, and I figured it out. Got the read and unread labels just where I want them.

Please, what is the precise name of the Thunderbird addon you mentioned?

Thanks,

Larry

On 5/2/2022 3:12 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you using the NVDA add-on?  the Thunderbird add-on, which you install in Thunderbird, not NVDA, does something else.  It allows for first letter navigation in the folders tree view.

If you are using the NVDA add-on, when you are in the message list, use NVDA key h to open the move headers dialog.

Gene
On 5/2/2022 2:47 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:
I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

.

Gene

Its called quick folder key navigation.

You can get it here.
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/thunderbird/addon/quick-folder-key-navigation/

Gene

On 5/2/2022 3:12 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you using the NVDA add-on?  the Thunderbird add-on, which you install in Thunderbird, not NVDA, does something else.  It allows for first letter navigation in the folders tree view.

If you are using the NVDA add-on, when you are in the message list, use NVDA key h to open the move headers dialog.

Gene
On 5/2/2022 2:47 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:
I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

.

Larry Higgins

Hey!, Thanks very much!

Larry

On 5/2/2022 3:12 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you using the NVDA add-on?  the Thunderbird add-on, which you install in Thunderbird, not NVDA, does something else.  It allows for first letter navigation in the folders tree view.

If you are using the NVDA add-on, when you are in the message list, use NVDA key h to open the move headers dialog.

Gene
On 5/2/2022 2:47 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:
I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

.

And this is an excellent example of the difference between an actual Thunderbird add-on, Quick Folder Key Navigation, and an NVDA add-on that works with Thunderbird (and Firefox), Mozilla Apps Enhancements.

I've been recommending the Quick Folder Key Navigation Thunderbird Add-On for any screen reader user of Thunderbird for years now.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Larry Higgins

Well, Now that I've gotten this quick folder addon downloaded, I can't figure out how to install the thing. I went to add manager, but couldn't figure out how to install it. I'm sureit's easy, but not for me.

Please help

Larry

On 5/2/2022 3:12 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you using the NVDA add-on?  the Thunderbird add-on, which you install in Thunderbird, not NVDA, does something else.  It allows for first letter navigation in the folders tree view.

If you are using the NVDA add-on, when you are in the message list, use NVDA key h to open the move headers dialog.

Gene
On 5/2/2022 2:47 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:
I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

.

Larry,

Thunderbird add-ons (AKA Extensions) are installed from within Thunderbird itself, using the rough equivalent of NVDA Add-Ons Manager.

1. Hit ALT + T (Tools Menu)
2. Followed by A  (Add-Ons & Themes)
3. In the Find more add-ons search box, enter the search term(s).  In this case give the exact add-on name:  Quick Folder Key Navigation
4. Hit Enter to perform the search.  It's the only returned result.
5. On the add-on result screen, there will be a "link button," Add to Thunderbird.  Activate it.
6. The Thunderbird add-on install process should run.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I am going to be switching to Thunderbird for the first time. Where do I find  "quick folder"

And this is an excellent example of the difference between an actual Thunderbird add-on, Quick Folder Key Navigation, and an NVDA add-on that works with Thunderbird (and Firefox), Mozilla Apps Enhancements.

I've been recommending the Quick Folder Key Navigation Thunderbird Add-On for any screen reader user of Thunderbird for years now.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Is there an NVDA addon for thunderbird? I didn't see one when I pressed alt+g in manage addons.

Às 20:47 de 02/05/2022, Larry Higgins escreveu:
I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Brian, I am switching for the first time to thunderbird. I have five accounts. How do I jump from account to account?