Using the Thunderbird addon

Larry Higgins

I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

Rui Fontes

NVDA+H

Rui Fontes

Às 20:47 de 02/05/2022, Larry Higgins escreveu:

I just downloaded the Thunderbird addon for column arrangement and would like to know how to access it within Thunderbird client. Just the key stroke, I'll take it from there, or at least I hope that will be the case <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

Gene

Are you using the NVDA add-on?  the Thunderbird add-on, which you install in Thunderbird, not NVDA, does something else.  It allows for first letter navigation in the folders tree view.

If you are using the NVDA add-on, when you are in the message list, use NVDA key h to open the move headers dialog.

Gene

On 5/2/2022 2:47 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Higgins

Gene,

I was referring to the NVDA addon, and I figured it out. Got the read and unread labels just where I want them.

Please, what is the precise name of the Thunderbird addon you mentioned?

Thanks,

Larry

On 5/2/2022 3:12 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you using the NVDA add-on?  the Thunderbird add-on, which you install in Thunderbird, not NVDA, does something else.  It allows for first letter navigation in the folders tree view.

If you are using the NVDA add-on, when you are in the message list, use NVDA key h to open the move headers dialog.

Gene

Thanks,

Larry

Gene

Its called quick folder key navigation.

You can get it here.
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/thunderbird/addon/quick-folder-key-navigation/

Gene

On 5/2/2022 5:08 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:

Gene,

I was referring to the NVDA addon, and I figured it out. Got the read and unread labels just where I want them.

Thanks,

Larry

Gene

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Higgins

Hey!, Thanks very much!

Larry

On 5/2/2022 5:16 PM, Gene wrote:

You can get it here.
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/thunderbird/addon/quick-folder-key-navigation/

Gene

Gene,

Thanks,

Larry

Gene

Thanks,

Larry

And this is an excellent example of the difference between an actual Thunderbird add-on, Quick Folder Key Navigation, and an NVDA add-on that works with Thunderbird (and Firefox), Mozilla Apps Enhancements.

I've been recommending the Quick Folder Key Navigation Thunderbird Add-On for any screen reader user of Thunderbird for years now.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Larry Higgins

Well, Now that I've gotten this quick folder addon downloaded, I can't figure out how to install the thing. I went to add manager, but couldn't figure out how to install it. I'm sureit's easy, but not for me.

Please help

Larry

On 5/2/2022 5:16 PM, Gene wrote:

You can get it here.

Gene

Gene,

Thanks,

Larry

Gene

Thanks,

Larry

Larry, 

Thunderbird add-ons (AKA Extensions) are installed from within Thunderbird itself, using the rough equivalent of NVDA Add-Ons Manager.

1. Hit ALT + T (Tools Menu)
2. Followed by A  (Add-Ons & Themes)
3. In the Find more add-ons search box, enter the search term(s).  In this case give the exact add-on name:  Quick Folder Key Navigation
4. Hit Enter to perform the search.  It's the only returned result.
5. On the add-on result screen, there will be a "link button," Add to Thunderbird.  Activate it.
6. The Thunderbird add-on install process should run.
--

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I am going to be switching to Thunderbird for the first time. Where do I find  "quick folder"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2022 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using the Thunderbird addon

And this is an excellent example of the difference between an actual Thunderbird add-on, Quick Folder Key Navigation, and an NVDA add-on that works with Thunderbird (and Firefox), Mozilla Apps Enhancements.

I've been recommending the Quick Folder Key Navigation Thunderbird Add-On for any screen reader user of Thunderbird for years now.
--

Is there an NVDA addon for thunderbird? I didn't see one when I pressed alt+g in manage addons.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2022 2:00 PM

NVDA+H

Rui Fontes

Thanks,

Larry

Brian, I am switching for the first time to thunderbird. I have five accounts. How do I jump from account to account?

--

Robert,

You really need to review topics in their entirety before posting additional questions that have, literally, just been answered.

I have no intention of retyping step-by-step instructions that I literally just offered less than 24 hours ago, on this very topic, on how to install the Quick Folder Key Navigation Thunderbird add-on.  Gene gave the direct link to the Mozilla Apps Enhancements NVDA add-on, and I gave it again as well.

Review the content of the topic, please.  It's the very least you can do.
--

Gene

There is an NVDA add-on that provides first letter navigation in the folders tree view.

If you use NVDA, there is an NVDA add-on that makes arranging the order of headers such as from line and subject line accessible.  You can also cause headers to be shown or not shown.

Do you want information on both add-ons?

Gene

On 5/3/2022 6:30 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
Is there an NVDA addon for thunderbird? I didn't see one when I pressed alt+g in manage addons.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>

NVDA+H

Rui Fontes

Thanks,

Larry

Gene

I may be less alert this morning for some reason.  I made another mistake.  I meant to say there is a Mozilla add-on that provides first letter navigation.  The NVDA add-on does the other things I described.

Gene

On 5/3/2022 10:11 AM, Gene wrote:
There is an NVDA add-on that provides first letter navigation in the folders tree view.

If you use NVDA, there is an NVDA add-on that makes arranging the order of headers such as from line and subject line accessible.  You can also cause headers to be shown or not shown.

Gene

NVDA+H

Rui Fontes

Thanks,

Larry

i have it taken care of.

On 5/3/2022 7:03 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Robert,

You really need to review topics in their entirety before posting additional questions that have, literally, just been answered.

I have no intention of retyping step-by-step instructions that I literally just offered less than 24 hours ago, on this very topic, on how to install the Quick Folder Key Navigation Thunderbird add-on.  Gene gave the direct link to the Mozilla Apps Enhancements NVDA add-on, and I gave it again as well.

Review the content of the topic, please.  It's the very least you can do.
--

--
****** When you give unto others whether or not they give to you in return, It matters not for your job is Complete and your rewards forthcoming. _______ Family times radio http://familytimes.wrighthere.net:9244/stream or ask your smart speaker to play family times on tune-in

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

This is a Thunderbird add on--not an NVDA add on.
It is called quick key folder navigation.

On 5/3/2022 11:11 AM, Gene wrote:

Gene

NVDA+H

Rui Fontes

Thanks,

Larry

-- 
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grevous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

tim

ThunderBird will put your accounts in a vertical list. Just arrow down through to what you want.

I do it every time I read email.

On 5/3/2022 7:38 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

Brian, I am switching for the first time to thunderbird. I have five accounts. How do I jump from account to account?

--

Gene

Its a tree view.  You can close the treeview in the usual way and down arrow to the next account.  But I don't do it that way.  I have my accounts opened in the tree view.  I use the Thunderbird add-on that allows for first letter navigation in the folders tree view. 

I don't use message rules so when I want to move from one account to another, I type i to move from inbox to inbox.  If I want to check what account I'm in, I read the title bar.

Gene

On 5/3/2022 7:38 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

--

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 05:11 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't use message rules so when I want to move from one account to another, I type i to move from inbox to inbox.

Even if one does use message rules, unless a many folders are created that start with the letter I, you can still jump quickly between inboxes.  The method you're using is what most of my clients use, and how I train new clients to locate folders in Thunderbird.

In my case, since I'm using Gmail, the Important label/folder exists for each account, too, so I have two I stops per account, inbox and important.  Inbox is always the first folder under a given account by default.

--