dynamic content in the windows sound mixer.

Jason Bratcher

Yes.
Also, if it's a removable soud card
(i.e. anything bluetooth/HDMI/USB,
Do Not UnPair/Disconnect It!
Best case:
Windows assumes a default built-in device and plays the sound straight away.
Worst case:
No sound plays at all and you have to come back here to pick a device again while the app is playing audio.
Jason Bratcher

Shaun Oliver

and that's where I have the problem. even reloading NVDA and reopening settings which sometimes resolves the issue, is even working today.

On 26/05/2022 2:06 am, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
That's actually where I do this in windows 10. I'm thinking it's the same place. Good luck.