NVDA with Outlook 2019.nv

Ravindran V.S.

Hi Experts,

Sorry if this is off topic here. If so please guide me to the correct group.

With Outlook 2019, I cannot access the ribbon menu actions easier as before versions.

Simply, I am unable to sort my Emails easier as it was in the previous Outlook versions.

When I press ält + V”and get to the View menu, unable to find the sort by menue.

Is there any way of getting this like in the earlier versions?

Sorting and back seems to be difficult now.

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Sarah k Alawami

I just tab to the sort buttons from the folder I’m in. I can then hit enter . You can also, if it still works, hit alt plus q and type sort and find the options there.  I say if it works as, it has been broken now for at least 2-3 weeks.

Sorry if this is off topic here. If so please guide me to the correct group.

With Outlook 2019, I cannot access the ribbon menu actions easier as before versions.

Simply, I am unable to sort my Emails easier as it was in the previous Outlook versions.

When I press ält + V”and get to the View menu, unable to find the sort by menue.

Is there any way of getting this like in the earlier versions?

Sorting and back seems to be difficult now.

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Ravindran V.S.

Hi,

Thank you so much for that help.

Both methods work fine.

I used to  go with alt + V and then tab to sort by earlier. But that does not possible now.

Thanks again for the help.

Ravi.

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 12:52 AM, Ravindran V.S. wrote:
Sorry if this is off topic here. If so please guide me to the correct group.
-
It is.  I have no idea what version of Outlook you had been using before 2019, but the Arrangement/Arrange by group of the View ribbon is what handles what is used to sort the messages in a given mailbox.  ALT + V, AB then look at the options for arrangement.

This sort of question really belongs on the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group

Archive:  https://groups.io/g/office-accessibility/topics

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Ravindran V.S.

Thank you Brian for sharing the details for support links.

It would be a great help.

I have been using Outlook 2016 before.

Any how, the alt + q and tabbing to sort both are working.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Ravi.

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 12:52 AM, Ravindran V.S. wrote:

Sorry if this is off topic here. If so please guide me to the correct group.

-
It is.  I have no idea what version of Outlook you had been using before 2019, but the Arrangement/Arrange by group of the View ribbon is what handles what is used to sort the messages in a given mailbox.  ALT + V, AB then look at the options for arrangement.

This sort of question really belongs on the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group

Archive:  https://groups.io/g/office-accessibility/topics

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Brian's Mail list account

Actually alt/v has been views since the old days of Outlook Express.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 12:52 AM, Ravindran V.S. wrote:

Sorry if this is off topic here. If so please guide me to the correct
group.
-
It is. I have no idea what version of Outlook you had been using before 2019, but the Arrangement/Arrange by group of the View ribbon is what handles what is used to sort the messages in a given mailbox. ALT + V, AB then look at the options for arrangement.

This sort of question really belongs on the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group

Archive: https://groups.io/g/office-accessibility/topics ( https://groups.io/g/office-accessibility/topics )

* Subscribe: office-accessibility+subscribe@groups.io ( office-accessibility+subscribe@groups.io )
* Post: office-accessibility@groups.io ( office-accessibility@groups.io )
* Group Owner: office-accessibility+owner@groups.io ( office-accessibility+owner@groups.io )
* Help: office-accessibility+help@groups.io ( office-accessibility+help@groups.io )

*You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
* ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed