Audible

Ron Canazzi

Hi Robert,

I can confirm this. You can click on the advance search button and get a search field, but you can also move to the text that says: 'submit search,' press NVDA + space bar to go into focus mode, back tab once and then type in your search string. A bit clumsy, but id does wo4rk.

On 6/1/2022 2:54 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
For some reason NVDA is not recognizing the search field or any other edit fields on the Audible site. I cannot press 'e' or 'f' to get to it.

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

JinYoun

Hi I feel like this issue started with the latest NVDA update... I just tested with narrator and jaws and both of them took me to the edit field by pressing the letter e.
Actually, I think I'm on the last update before the latest one because of addon compatibility issues...
Thanks

Gene

I was curious about the problem so I looked at the page.  This is an instance, which happens on some sites, where you can move to the field when browse mode is off.  When the page loads, turn browse mode off and tab.  You should find the field perhaps just by tabbing once and you can enter your search.  At times, I see a combo box that you can type in, at times, I've seen an edit field.  I don't know what accounts for that.

This work around is important to keep in mind because it is necessary to be in focus mode on some sites to see some fields.

Gene

On 6/1/2022 1:54 AM, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:
For some reason NVDA is not recognizing the search field or any other edit fields on the Audible site. I cannot press 'e' or 'f' to get to it.

.

Joshua Hendrickson

You need to go to the advanced search button. You can then type in
your book title, or author you want to search for. It is a bit
annoying, but can be done.

On 6/1/22, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:
I ran into this problem a few weeks ago.
When you are on the home page, press enter on the "advanced search" link,
now you can find the search field by pressing "e".
So, I bookmarked this page.

For some reason NVDA is not recognizing the search field or any other edit
fields on the Audible site. I cannot press 'e' or 'f' to get to it.

--
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson

Luke Davis

Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

For some reason NVDA is not recognizing the search field or any other edit fields on the Audible site. I cannot press 'e' or 'f' to get to it.
I could swear we just had this conversation last week.

And here it is: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/91245997

Luke

Monte Single