A problem with the nvda user guide

Quentin Christensen

It seems to have crept in since 2021.3.5.  I've created an issue: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/13821

It should be a simple fix.  Thanks for flagging it!

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 12:15 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
No, you're not missing something, there is a formatting error in that table.

There are actually 5 columns, but the 5th is blank except for a single row (the one for Report Caret Location) and it's very clear that the description column, which currently reads 'none,' somehow accidentally got bumped into that fifth column.  And it's only that single cell in the 5th column, elsewhere, all the rows in column 5 are merged.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

~ Dorothy Nevill

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

No, you're not missing something, there is a formatting error in that table.

There are actually 5 columns, but the 5th is blank except for a single row (the one for Report Caret Location) and it's very clear that the description column, which currently reads 'none,' somehow accidentally got bumped into that fifth column.  And it's only that single cell in the 5th column, elsewhere, all the rows in column 5 are merged.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

~ Dorothy Nevill

William

Hi all,

I am referring to the user guide of nvda 2022.1

There is a table under 5.3. Navigating with the System Caret

When nvda focus onto the table, it says there are 8 rows and 5 columns, but moving around the table, I only find 4 columns.

Am I missing something here?