sluggishness.

Faithville

I have been noticing that nvda, the latest version is very sluggish, on my computer, has anyone noticed this and what can be done to fix this?

The first things you need to try are The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Gene

Have you compared performance with the last version or a previous version?  You can run it as a portable version.  there are all sorts of things that may cause sluggishness and we don't know if this is an NVDA problem.

Is the computer sluggish with Narrator?  Sometimes, something happens by coincidence and has nothing to do what what may seem to be the problem.  For example, you may install or upgrade NVDA and then find the computer is sluggish.  This needs to be checked in ways  I've suggested earlier, comparing performance with Narrator and/or with an earlier version of NVDA.

Gene

On 6/27/2022 8:47 AM, Faithville via groups.io wrote:

I have been noticing that nvda, the latest version is very sluggish, on my computer, has anyone noticed this and what can be done to fix this?

Sarah k Alawami

1. what version of nvda. Latest doesn't help.
2. what version of windows. You didn't say
3. what are your computer's specks? You didn't say
4. what steps did you take to troubleshoot? You didn't say.

We need to know all of this before we answer questions, this way we can
eliminate stuff, or you can.

----
I hereby vow to follow the admins creed. Work smarter not harder. If I can
get the user to do what they need to do themselves, then I have done my job.