Switching to a paper login at a website

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

See the page at the below link.
https://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/sso/Login?RL=1

The above link is the login page for my stock broker. I have a live trading
facility and a paper trading facility. The default login is live. There
are 2 items above the user name box live and paper. I want to activate the
paper option.
How do I do this? I have tried object navigation and hitting enter and also
switching to forms mode on that item and hitting enter without success.

If this is the case for a physical mouse, I do have a USB mouse connected to
this machine. Brian, can your mouse pad advice work with a USB mouse or
should I switch to an optical mouse?
Pranav

Jacob Kruger

Pranav, focus on clickable item, reroute mouse cursor to it, and, activate mouse click?

Can't test it, but, would think it might work?

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA

On 2022-06-30 10:43 AM, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi all,

See the page at the below link.
https://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/sso/Login?RL=1

The above link is the login page for my stock broker. I have a live trading
facility and a paper trading facility. The default login is live. There
are 2 items above the user name box live and paper. I want to activate the
paper option.
How do I do this? I have tried object navigation and hitting enter and also
switching to forms mode on that item and hitting enter without success.

If this is the case for a physical mouse, I do have a USB mouse connected to
this machine. Brian, can your mouse pad advice work with a USB mouse or
should I switch to an optical mouse?
Pranav

Tyler Spivey

Open the dev console with ctrl+shift+i. In the edit box, type:

document.querySelector('span.switchery').setAttribute("role", "button")

Hit enter, close the console with the same key and hit the button that should've appeared.

On 6/30/2022 1:43 AM, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi all,
See the page at the below link.
https://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/sso/Login?RL=1
The above link is the login page for my stock broker. I have a live trading
facility and a paper trading facility. The default login is live. There
are 2 items above the user name box live and paper. I want to activate the
paper option.
How do I do this? I have tried object navigation and hitting enter and also
switching to forms mode on that item and hitting enter without success.
If this is the case for a physical mouse, I do have a USB mouse connected to
this machine. Brian, can your mouse pad advice work with a USB mouse or
should I switch to an optical mouse?
Pranav

Pranav Lal

Hi Tyler,

A very clever solution. However, my hitting the resulting button did not do anything. I tried with both google chrome and firefox.
I however explored some more and found an unlabeled clickable item after the user name edit field. I hit enter on that and was able to switch to paper trading mode.

Pranav

[...]

In general, mouse advice is mouse type agnostic.  It applies to old style mechanical mice with the rolling ball, optical mice, and mouse pads on laptops.

If you look at the source code for this page that paper versus live toggle (and it does appear visually as a toggle) is implemented as a checkbox.  Yet, for some reason, it is entirely inaccessible via screen reader.

Not knowing why you're trying to activate the paper option, I do want to let you know that doing so makes the entire background on the login screen go red and a red frame with the word SIMULATED (all caps) appears as a frame around where you enter your login credentials.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Gene

How do you see the graphic?  I see nothing and if I press enter on lines where I hear nothing, if I up arrow once from the username field and press enter, I'm placed in the username field, the same with the password field.

also,  how do you know which mode you are in?  I see two items, one that says live and the other says paper but they don't indicate in any way which is active.

Gene

On 6/30/2022 8:10 AM, Pranav Lal wrote:

[...]

Hi Brian,

<snip knowing why you're trying to activate the paper option

PL] I wanted to test if the paper trading credentials were working.

Pranav

In general, mouse advice is mouse type agnostic.  It applies to old style mechanical mice with the rolling ball, optical mice, and mouse pads on laptops.

If you look at the source code for this page that paper versus live toggle (and it does appear visually as a toggle) is implemented as a checkbox.  Yet, for some reason, it is entirely inaccessible via screen reader.

Not knowing why you're trying to activate the paper option, I do want to let you know that doing so makes the entire background on the login screen go red and a red frame with the word SIMULATED (all caps) appears as a frame around where you enter your login credentials.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Pranav Lal

Hi Gene,

The item is not a graphic. Use firefox and see if you hear “clickable” as soon as you down arrow from the user name edit box.

Pramav

[...]

I'm not sure what you are describing.  There is an edit field for the user name but the next edit field is for the password.

Gene