From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of abdul muhamin
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 7:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] need full office 2016 tutorial

Hi, hope all are doing well. In these days, I’m learning ms office, but the problem is, that institute doesn’t provide special classes with screen readers. So I need your help, give me a tutorial wich can help me learning office with ease, thanks in advance!

regards, Abdulmuhamin Yousaf!
head of content department at
www.blindHelp.net

abdul muhamin

Its office 2016

regards, Abdulmuhamin Yousaf!
head of content department at
www.blindHelp.net

Any chance we could find out which version of office? 98? 2010? 2016?

Tonea

Hi, hope all are doing well. In these days, I’m learning ms office, but the problem is, that institute doesn’t provide special classes with screen readers. So I need your help, give me a tutorial wich can help me learning office with ease, thanks in advance!

regards, Abdulmuhamin Yousaf!
head of content department at
www.blindHelp.net

Quentin Christensen

Good afternoon,

NV Access have a set of official training materials for learning Office with NVDA.  At this stage, after the "Basic Training for NVDA" which covers getting around Windows and general use of NVDA, there are modules for Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.  Both of these modules are written for users of Office from 2010 up to 2016 / 365.  Further modules are planned but not available at this stage.

You can purchase the training material from: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

David F.

Hello,

What modules do you have for learning thunderbird or firefox?

[...]

Christo Vorster

Hi Quentin

Is it possible to inform me on the cost of the material, please?

We might be able to make good use of it at our college.

Thanks

[...]

Dave Williams

Hi Christo

NV Access training materials are priced in Australian dollars. The eBooks are $30 and audio is $45. For example, visit the store at the following link for Microsoft Word training material. Having bought this title last year, I have found it to be clearly written and well organised.

Dave Williams
Worcester, UK

On 31 Jan 2018, at 06:22, Christo Vorster <christo.vorster@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi David,

Currently, we have the "Basic Training for NVDA" which covers the essentials through to advanced features of the screenreader itself, as well as getting around Windows, the Web and basic text editing.  The web component of that was written against both Internet Explorer and Firefox, so it covers the common concepts and concentrates on the NVDA features themselves moreso than for instance, how to make the most of Firefox's features.  Where a key task might work slightly differently between the two browsers, that is noted.

It's not exactly what you were after, but I hope it answers the question to some degree.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 3:48 PM, David F. <scopist65@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Christo,

Certainly.  The electronic text version (which comes as a zip file with Microsoft Word, HTML, ePub and Kindle KFX versions) costs $30 Australian.  According to Google that currently converts to 287.92 Rand.

The downloadable MP3 daisy audio version costs $45 Australian, which again with Google converts to 431.88 Rang.
and the hardcopy Braille version is $65 Australian (sent anywhere in the world, free post for the blind, but including tracking)  which Google converts to $623.83 Rand.

The shop automatically gives a 10% discount for purchases of 10 copies or more.  The NV Access shop is available here: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

If you'd like to discuss in more detail, feel free to write to me offlist at info@...

We'd love to work with you and your students!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 5:22 PM, Christo Vorster <christo.vorster@...> wrote:

[...]

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

If you are interested there is a tutorial on thunder bird on my website it was written a couple of years back but not much has changed with it.

it can be found at http://accessibilitycentral.net/accessible%20email%20client%20mozilla%20thunderbird.html

there is some stuff for fire fox under learning the basics but is more for setting home pages etc in fire fox and internet explorer if you go edge if you have windows 10 or google it is back on the nvda tutorials for other programs page.

hope it helps

Gene nz

On 1/31/2018 5:48 PM, David F. wrote:

[...]

How do these tutorials differfrom that big file Joseph Lee just posted, that 500 meg folder zipped