When composing email in gmail web how to delete a receiver?

William

Hello,

When I am composing a new email in gmail web, I add sender by the following ways:

1. after the compose new window is open, nvda focus is on the search field to enter receiver email

2. I enter keywords of the receiver email or name, then I press up or down arrow to look at the suggestion available

3. I press enter to select that particular email as the receiver of the email

4. after pressing enter, nvda will be focused on the empty search field when I can repeat step 2 and 3 to enter extra receivers

After doing the above steps, say I have selected 3 receivers, and later I found that I have to delete some of the receiver email address from the current email.

Can any one instruct me how can I use nvda to remove some of the receivers?

Thank you.

Gene

When you are in the combo box where you up and down arrow to find and add more recipients, instead of moving up and down, move to the left or right.  You will move through the addresses you have added.  If you haven't moved yet, move left to move through all addresses.  Once you are on an address, to remove it, press the delete key.

Gene

On 7/31/2022 12:26 AM, William wrote:

Hello,

When I am composing a new email in gmail web, I add sender by the following ways:

1. after the compose new window is open, nvda focus is on the search field to enter receiver email

2. I enter keywords of the receiver email or name, then I press up or down arrow to look at the suggestion available

3. I press enter to select that particular email as the receiver of the email

4. after pressing enter, nvda will be focused on the empty search field when I can repeat step 2 and 3 to enter extra receivers

After doing the above steps, say I have selected 3 receivers, and later I found that I have to delete some of the receiver email address from the current email.

Can any one instruct me how can I use nvda to remove some of the receivers?

Thank you.

William

Gene,

Thank you very much.

It was strange that in one of the profile of my chrome browser, I was able to press left arrow to review selected receiver.

But in another profile, pressing left arrow, nvda focused onto the link to select receiver from contact list.

Gene 於 31/7/2022 18:20 寫道:

[...]

I'm not sure why.  Make sure that, depending on what your screen-reader calls it, you are in forms mode or browse mode is off.

Gene

On 7/31/2022 6:27 AM, William wrote:

[...]

Yes, when editing the receiver search field, nvda is in focus mode

Gene 於 31/7/2022 19:34 寫道:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

Well if its any consolation, I find the webmail online screen very sluggish, and still return to using a client. Of course I'm sure its very powerful, but I also do not really like all my contacts being on line, Old fashioned I guess.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

It's not really all that sluggish. It is very very fast if you know the keystrokes and can memorize those, plus you memorize the layout and know where to find the sections you are looking for. I do use both, and both work well for when Ineedthem.

[...]

Thomas N. Chan

I can breeze through emails since by default every email is group by conversation
I second that.
x to select it, # to say, goodbye into the bin.
r to reply email, f to forward.
believe me, I really read a lot of emails.
What can you do if you have multiple email accounts? use email client to download all of them in into the same inbox or browse to different folder to see one by one?
All I did was, open different tab in my browser then ctrl - 1 to 9 or ctrl - tab. how easy can it be?
I can even google chat to different people in different account, one for work, one for clients etc and friends.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 10:48 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
It's not really all that sluggish. It is very very fast if you know the keystrokes and can memorize those, plus you memorize the layout and know where to find the sections you are looking for. I do use both, and both work well for when Ineedthem.

> Yes, when editing the receiver search field, nvda is in focus mode
>

> Gene 於 31/7/2022 19:34 寫道:
>> I'm not sure why. Make sure that, depending on what your
>> screen-reader calls it, you are in forms mode or browse mode is off.
>>
>> Gene
>>
>> On 7/31/2022 6:27 AM, William wrote:
>>>
>>> Gene,
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>>>
>>> It was strange that in one of the profile of my chrome browser, I
>>> was able to press left arrow to review selected receiver.
>>>
>>> But in another profile, pressing left arrow, nvda focused onto the
>>> link to select receiver from contact list.
>>>

>>> Gene 於 31/7/2022 18:20 寫道:

Brian's Mail list account

Oh I'm sure, but the big niggled I have on web delivered mail is that having accounts on different ISPs each and every interface is totally different, whereas all are the same in a client in most respects. I try to keep things simple.

[...]

I used to think that you needed a different interface for online e-mail with every provider.  I was informed by a knowledgeable person, however, that GMail allows you to use GMail for different providers.  I don't know how this is done nor what providers you can use with the GMail interface.

I don't think any online interface for e-mail is as efficient as an e-mail program for blind users but if people want to use online interfaces, knowing that GMail offers consolidation may be important for some users with different providers.

Gene

On 8/2/2022 2:21 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:

Oh I'm sure, but the big  niggled I have on web delivered mail is that having accounts on different ISPs each and every interface is totally different, whereas all are the same in a client in most respects. I try to keep things simple.
Brian

Thomas N. Chan

You can download emails onto your gmail.
like example, if you have an hotmail or yahoo email, you can set it up whereby it will download like pop email onto a label aka folder. more efficient  as compared to an email client.
I can  move to different computer and see the same email. I delete one, it will be gone from the rest. since  gmail itself allows you to download mails, you can also delete it or leave it on your mail server.
 your email client can only work if you have a working computer. if your computer dies or laptop gone, then where is all your emails?

It might be subjective if email client is faster for some but I can move around in gmail faster than on outlook.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 3:28 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

But most people use IMAP, not POP these days.  If you use a different computer, all the mail you have saved on the server or that is in the inbox will automatically download to the e-mail program on the computer you are using.

As for efficient, while I haven't used on line interfaces much and I might alter my opinion if I did, I haven't found any interface that is as efficient as an e-mail program where I just move down a list of messages and press enter on one I want to read.

In GMail, for example, If I want to read an e-mail without hearing a lot of verbiage I don't care about, I have to keep switching between having browse mode off and browse mode on.  If I use the browse mode off method GMail provides to move from one message to another and have it read while leaving browse mode off, there is a lot of excessive verbiage that is announced at the beginning of every message.

Gene

On 8/2/2022 8:13 AM, Thomas N. Chan wrote:

[...]

hi gene.
i went to focus mode in my firefox and cant use keyboard at all to for
example navigate in the list of my emails. how is it possible to use
email and go to previous or next items in focus mode?

<http://groups.io> wrote:
Oh I'm sure, but the big niggled I have on web delivered mail is
that having accounts on different ISPs each and every interface
is totally different, whereas all are the same in a client in
most respects. I try to keep things simple.

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Gene

I don't use the GMail web interface for reading mail.  I've played a little with the web interface and at this point, I don't know why you can't move in focus mode.  There may be a command you need to use to move to the e-mail list first.  Others will likely discuss the question.

Gene

    <http://groups.io> wrote:
    Oh I'm sure, but the big  niggled I have on web delivered mail is
    that having accounts on different ISPs each and every interface
    is totally different, whereas all are the same in a client in
    most respects. I try to keep things simple.
    Brian

Sarah k Alawami

I tab into the section then use j and k to move up and down. Then x to select.  This in chrome, don’t have Firefox on my system yet.