Topics

NVDA reading single numbers!

Mailing Lists

Hi All,

I was just wondering again today if it is still not possible for NVDA to read numbers in groups. I mean like having it read telephone numbers in single digits rather than in a combined manner.
Is there any means yet to have this done within NVDA?.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Patrick Le Baudour

hi,

apart from using spelling, the simplest way would be to have a dictionary entry:
"(\d)(?=\d)" as input
"\1 " as output (beware of the space)
with regular expression for the mode.
That would append a space after any digit followedd by another, thus making the reading digit by digit.

-- Patrick

Le 14/04/2016 20:47, M123456ailing Lists a écrit :
Hi All,

I was just wondering again today if it is still not possible for NVDA to read numbers in groups. I mean like having it read telephone numbers in single digits rather than in a combined manner.
Is there any means yet to have this done within NVDA?.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Gene

Although it requires an additional two or three commands, the easiest way to do this now is probably to have the cursor on the number then press say current word twice quickly.  That spells the word or announces the number you are on as single digits.  You can try the other suggestions if you wish but this one is the easiest unless you want to do things like modify the speech dictionary.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA reading single numbers!

hi,

apart from using spelling, the simplest way would be to have a
dictionary entry:
"(\d)(?=\d)" as input
"\1 " as output (beware of the space)
with regular expression for the mode.
That would append a space after any digit followedd by another, thus
making the reading digit by digit.

-- Patrick

Le 14/04/2016 20:47, M123456ailing Lists a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I was just wondering again today if it is still not possible for NVDA to read numbers in groups. I mean like having it read telephone numbers in single digits rather than in a combined manner.
> Is there any means yet to have this done within NVDA?.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Paul.

mr. Chikodinaka Oguledo&mrs. AdonnihHappiness Obima Oguledo

what ar the commands to do single dijets/numbers?

--
• Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.

Gene

It depends if you are using the desktop keyboard layout or the laptop layout.  I don't know nor do I use the laptop layout.  The desktop layout command is numpad 5 pressed rapidly twice for spelling or single number announcement.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:53 PM

--
• Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
 Watch your words, for they become actions.
 Watch your actions, for they become habits.
 Watch your habits, for they become character.
 Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

David Moore

Hi,
The laptop command is CTRL+NVDA+period twice quickly. Take care.

Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:53 PM