From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Abdulqadir Ahmad
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 7:22 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Accessibility of Twitter, Medium and LinkedIn PC Apps

Hi, I want to install twitter, medium and linkedin on my laptop. Windows 10 21h2.

Please what is their accessibility status. I want know if i am better off with the apps on phone. thanks

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 12:35 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I use both apps on phone and on the computer
-
Sarah, do you use two of the three apps listed in the title, or only one?  It's not clear from your prior reply if you use only the LinkedIn App on both the phone and PC platforms, or if at least one of the other two is in use on both platforms, too.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

         ~ Austin O'Malley

Kefas

Hello,

I think you should just use the web version of these apps, as most of them if not all, have it.

thanks

Sent from Kefas Lungu

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías

Hi all. Answer for Twitter:

The application Twitter from the Microsoft Store is twitter.com in Microsoft Edge, installed like a progressive web application. It is accessible, but in my pc, I need use the navigator object for logging, because Edge shows a dialog with passwords saved for Twitter. The last time, I used the mouse for find these dialog, pressed NVDA + numpad divide (desktop keyboard layout), in a laptop without numpad and laptop keyboard layout NVDA + shift + m, and after pressed a button with the navigator object.

You can use the Twitter keyboard shortcuts, and also is possible enable notifications.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Soporte a usuarios, colaborador en la Comunidad de NVDA en español.

Support to users, contributor in the Spanish community of NVDA.

https://nvda.es

Experto certificado en NVDA

I think you should just use the web version of these apps, as most of them if not all, have it.

thanks

Sent from Kefas Lungu

Sarah k Alawami

Sorry, I mean I use linked in on the web and twitter on the web when needed. I have no clue about the other one. Both are very much accessible with keys and nvda’s nav aids. My apologies about that. I should have made that more clear, my mistake.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 12:35 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I use both apps on phone and on the computer

-
Sarah, do you use two of the three apps listed in the title, or only one?  It's not clear from your prior reply if you use only the LinkedIn App on both the phone and PC platforms, or if at least one of the other two is in use on both platforms, too.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

         ~ Austin O'Malley

Jacob Kruger

I am pretty sure that the quinter twitter client is specifically meant to be simple and accessible - they mention a review by Brian Hartgen on this page, and, it's what I use to scan tweets, at times:

https://quinterapp.github.io/

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA
On 2022/10/11 16:22, Abdulqadir Ahmad wrote:

Hi, I want to install twitter, medium and linkedin on my laptop. Windows 10 21h2.

Please what is their accessibility status. I want know if i am better off with the apps on phone. thanks

Sarah k Alawami

Actually, use tweesecake instead.  Quinter is not really being kept up anymore. That was a baby project to see if what they wanted to be done could in fact be done.  So they now are developing a more feature rich twitter and everything including github repo app.

I am pretty sure that the quinter twitter client is specifically meant to be simple and accessible - they mention a review by Brian Hartgen on this page, and, it's what I use to scan tweets, at times:

https://quinterapp.github.io/

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA

On 2022/10/11 16:22, Abdulqadir Ahmad wrote:

Hi, I want to install twitter, medium and linkedin on my laptop. Windows 10 21h2.

Please what is their accessibility status. I want know if i am better off with the apps on phone. thanks

Abdulqadir Ahmad

Thanks for the answers. As for tweesecake, I saw the mail late so i wan't able to test it. Linkedin is so far not accessible. The signin page is accessible, so i was able to signin. After that, NVDA just says blank when i try moving in the interface. I tried restarting the app but not luck.
Next is twitter. I am using a dextop client called twblue. It was designed specifically for blind users. So far everything is okay and accessible.
Lastly, medium. I read an article complaining on it's accessibility so i didn't install it😂.

Sarah k Alawami

Linked in is 100 percent accessible, at least the website.  I use it all the time to post stuff and follow up on job postings etc.  Try the website with chrome, it tends to work a lot better.

Thanks for the answers. As for tweesecake, I saw the mail late so i wan't able to test it. Linkedin is so far not accessible. The signin page is accessible, so i was able to signin. After that, NVDA just says blank when i try moving in the interface. I tried restarting the app but not luck.
Next is twitter. I am using a dextop client called twblue. It was designed specifically for blind users. So far everything is okay and accessible.
Lastly, medium. I read an article complaining on it's accessibility so i didn't install it😂.

AKH AKH

Did you use NVDA to install TW Blue? I can't seem to get TW Blue  on to my PC?