Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:42 AM
Subject: [nvda] installation failure

Good morning list; this is Marv here.  First, I am using a laptop which is new to me, sort of.  It is running the latest version of nvda  and windows vista, I believe.  I am having a problem with nvda  not installing; I also cannot get the screen reading shark to install, either.  If anyone has any suggestions that I might try, I would like to hear them; cheers and thanks in advance.

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

That sounds to me like a missing or corrupt video driver.  As a temporary workaround, you could run the NVDA installer and make a portable instalation.  Then use the portable instalation to check the status of your drivers and once that's fixed you could re-install a local copy.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf

On Apr 16, 2016, at 8:42 AM, marvin kotler <m.kotler53@...> wrote:

Good morning list; this is Marv here.  First, I am using a laptop which is new to me, sort of.  It is running the latest version of nvda  and windows vista, I believe.  I am having a problem with nvda  not installing; I also cannot get the screen reading shark to install, either.  If anyone has any suggestions that I might try, I would like to hear them; cheers and thanks in advance.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

What service pack does that machine have? I seem to recall like on XP certain older installations of it have compatibility issues. You need to install the latest service pack I believe. Luckily I never did bother with Vista myself so never encountered this, but I had to use sp3 on XP.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 1:42 PM

Good morning list; this is Marv here.  First, I am using a laptop which is new to me, sort of.  It is running the latest version of nvda  and windows vista, I believe.  I am having a problem with nvda  not installing; I also cannot get the screen reading shark to install, either.  If anyone has any suggestions that I might try, I would like to hear them; cheers and thanks in advance.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It would show if its the service pack or not as well of course. if it won't run when run from the folder you put it in then you have a service pack issue.